Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know I have collection serial number for bolens tractors to get a better idea how the serial numbers worked and see how many of each modal was made. I am very low in number for the 1886 and 1250. I am hoping there is some members here willing to post there numbers..

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
1250 Bolens.
I have a Bolens 1250 Husky. My serial # 7119. Don't know much about it. It needs tires and the seat was gone. Some of the gauges are gone and the ignition switch is bad. Rusted too. Don't have a camera to take a picture. It really is a heavy duty tractor. I love it.
Hi what model is your 1250? 197-01 197-02 or 197-03?

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
197-02 I know it weights about 100 lbs. It's not in to bad of shape.
Could you double check when you can That seems like a high number for 197-02

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As of now.

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Screenshot

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Pattern

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got three 1250's and a 1455, the 1250's all have foil decals under the hood but the spaces where there looks like there should be numbers is blank except for a 0 in one box.
The 1455 has something on its plate but its worn off.

Is there any other tags on these?

I bought the first 1250 and 1455 about three years ago, I bought the last two over the weekend in the same town in NJ. They all have white wheels, all of these look pretty much all original. The 1250's have S12D motors, the 1455 has an S12D with an AC Delco ignition added.
Can you post some photos of the tags? If you wet them sometimes you can read the numbers better.

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sure did, The 1250 with the loader is a real survivor, other than an inch of dust, its not seen use in decades. I can't wait to put it to use. Its a twin to one I bought a few years ago. The second one is bare, no loader but both have 3pt hitches and a set of attachments. (Disc harrow, cultivator, dirt plow, snow plow, spike bucket, round bucket, and one rototiller. I also got all the tune up parts, filters, and belts I could find). I'm still unloading my trailer and digging through boxes here.
Love to see some photos start a thread with photos....

Reactions: LPBolens

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
All these post and no added numbers! I know there more then a handful on here......

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Did you happen check in the registry for any? Not certain how up to date it is, but maybe there are some.
I did clean that out about a month ago. But thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: MH81

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Wow I missed this. I'll get pics of my 1886-01 s/n and my 1967 1250 if it still has the sticker. I've got two parts 1886's but I don't think you want those.
Ed if the parts tractors have tags and serial numbers I'll take them. thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.