Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
The new Photobucket upgrade sucks donkey b*//$ !!!

That is all!!!!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I tried it a month ago.. went back to the old.. NOW they are jamming it down our necks.. BLAH..

G

·
I like it better than it was right before the change. All the pics in my albums were so small you could put 4 on a postage stamp. Even at large size, they were no more than 3x3. The letters were so small I couldn't even read them.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like it for posting to websites, just my preference, easier than opening attached pics, large pics on my posts. I am on some sites that you have to use a host like Photo-garbage-bucket. I liked it too cause my works blocks most other host sites, it allowed me to use Photobucket.

Before, I could at least get to site, open my pics, copy, edit etc. Now this new Beta crap takes forever to open and it locks my computer everytime. UGH. I have like 600 pics on there too. Worst part I was reading fine print and this is permanent change, they will not go back to old format.

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
I just started taking pictures in September, so my photo bucket album is pretty small. I am not sure I like the new format, but have found it to be no big problem yet. It is human nature to resist change, But in a few weeks it will be no big deal and I may even find some things I like better?

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
I still like putting the pics in "my pictures", then resize them w/ microsoft "picture resizer". Any pics I figure need to be saved are copied to a CD.
Mike
That's what I do, every photo or video I have has been backed up on an external HD and burnt to a CD or DVD.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have never used any on-line photo album, can someone tell why I would need it.
I like to use it for posting extra pix for free on ebay by using the HTML in your listings. You can make them larger or smaller as needed. You get nice pictures showing good detail.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
I've used photobucket just about exclusively for forums that don't let you take them directly from your computer. There have been a few versions since I joined. This latest one is a tough one.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Noticed a week or so ago PHOTOBUCKET was telling me to "switch to the new"...I was thinking PB was going to MAKE everyone switch...I haven't looked at it in a few days.....Am I going to loose all my photos that are in PB?

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Stuff like this is the biggest reason I can think of for uploading the pics to a site like this instead of linking.

When they (PB) mess up the linking or users accidentally click the wrong thing, there will be lots of unreadable posts in forums all over the web.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
I use PB for online backup, but not as much as I used to, as I have most of my tractor pics I can access here anyway.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Looks like they are heading down the path of social networking.. I'm probably going to resist that trend as long as possible.

·
Tractorfanatics.com
10,292 Posts
Looks like they are heading down the path of social networking.. I'm probably going to resist that trend as long as possible.
When you decide to give in, call me. I can be your anti-social counselor. One day, I will figure out what possible use FaceBook has, and why people bother. Never has something so large and popular been so unappealing to me.

·
Super Moderator
54,838 Posts
When you decide to give in, call me. I can be your anti-social counselor. One day, I will figure out what possible use FaceBook has, and why people bother. Never has something so large and popular been so unappealing to me.
Cat, I feel the same way about Facebook. The NEOGTA uses that for all their online get togethers. I told them I wouldn't be there, they have to send me an e-mail about stuff.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts