Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
54,838 Posts
Found this poor plant withering away in a house we are painting. Gave it a small drink and it is forever thankful. Now what do I do with it?

Plant Houseplant Leaf Flowerpot Terrestrial plant

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Well now that I see you added the picture, this puts a whole new light on the subject. My wife has one of those plants, but I can't think of the name right now.

My advice? Kill it!

·
Super Moderator
54,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks real similar! Thanks!

·
Procrastinators unite tomorrow
1,417 Posts
Tuberous Begonias or something like it is my vote

P.S. looks like my wife was taking care of that one you posted :bigrofl:

Reactions: KennyP

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
See how big you can get it. They aren't hard to care for if at all vigilant.
If it has pretty flowers, repot cuttings and give it away as Christmas gifts.?

Interesting fact, these plants only have that color green leaves if talked to daily.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Hey Kenny, it might be a magic bean stalk. Plant it, go kill the giant, and live happily everafter.

Reactions: KennyP and Arti

·
24 Posts
I am 95% convinced it is a variety of Jade plant..

not the "common jade" houseplant, but a close cousin..it's a succulent, like a cactus.

Doesnt need much water..best to let it dry out completely between waterings.

Give it a good drenching, then dont water again for a long time! weeks, even a month..

let it dry out a lot before watering again..

over watering will kill it..also needs the brightest window you can give it, direct sun is fine.

Jades are very "easy" houseplants..stick it in a window, water rarely..that's about it! :)

Scot

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
I am 95% convinced it is a variety of Jade plant..

not the "common jade" houseplant, but a close cousin..it's a succulent, like a cactus.

Doesnt need much water..best to let it dry out completely between waterings.

Give it a good drenching, then dont water again for a long time! weeks, even a month..

let it dry out a lot before watering again..

over watering will kill it..also needs the brightest window you can give it, direct sun is fine.

Jades are very "easy" houseplants..stick it in a window, water rarely..that's about it! :)

Scot
I think he's got it right, I agree with everything he says.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Looks like the same leaf/stalk structure of the jade plant my Mom had. Her plant sat in front of a picture window facing S. in S. Utah and it grew like a tree, about 3.5' wide and 2.5' high. I used to have a picture of my full grown cat laying in it looking out the window... I would liked to have saved it, but the real estate agent forgot to water it for a couple years... . I did save a barrel cactus though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts