Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tractorholic
2,731 Posts
Last week I saw a flock of Meadow Larks, been seeing Bluebirds paired up & now this:

Sky Bird Street light Twig Wind

Sky Bird Atmosphere Daytime Cloud

Water Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape

Snow Geese by the thousands! These were on a lake about 1/2 mile from our house, just a constant roar around 7 this morning. Some of them flew over our house around 10 this morning, "V's" flying all directions. A little earlier than usual this year. ~~ Lowell

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
My peach trees are blooming! I'm not sure I've seen anything else just yet, but any day. Maybe if I can get out when all this rainy weather is done I'll see more.

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
I hope its not far away! I'm infected with spring fever.

My apple tree had some buds... but that creature better stay in hibernation for a little while yet in case we get a cold snap! I lost the apples last year due to a frost.

Ben W.

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
Well I never count on anything until after Apil 15th. They are predicting a winter storm late next week, but admit it could track north or south of us.

Saw a few flurries in Des Moines THURSDAY and when I got home the ground was white?

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Spring? What is this "Spring thing" that you speak of? :tapping_fingers:

These were taken on my front porch about 15 minutes or so ago:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:59711] [sharedmedia=core:attachments:59710]

·
Old Tractor Addict
1,846 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. The snow geese do not reside around our flooding in the summer but we do usually see them once or twice a year on the way north or south. We do however get lots and lots of Canadian Geese and quite a few pairs of Mute Swans. Will be awhile for our spring, our water is still pretty hard and thick around here.

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Woke up and found between 2 and 3 inches of snow on the ground here. Just disced my garden to do weed control last weekend. I'll go to the local seed store(Southern States) when I'm ready to plant. I have also had to move from store to store since I started gardening 12 years ago. The old hardware stores that carried seeds went out of business, then I'd find another, use it a few years, then it would be gone. However, before I plant, I'm thinking I want to plow more mulch into the garden, which means I need to get mulch, which takes time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts