Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
NO!! That's about 90% operator!! I did watch my wifes uncle, who had a bolder that was too big to move with anything he had.

Dig a hole about 6 ft deep and climb over the side with his bucket with his Gehl Skidloader..

Then push the bolder in the hole and back fill it. He said the frost would never push it back to the surface in his lifetime.

It will be the kid's problem next time!!

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
Makes you wonder if they ever wrecked any machines loading and unloading before they got it figured out.

Reactions: larryd and LilysDad

·
Registered
139 Posts
Skillful operators, saw a guy load a backhoe loader onto a regular flatbed trailer a few months ago, no ramps, pretty neat to watch,, was wondering if the railroad texted those guys telling them spare fruit of the looms were required for work today ?
I bet they took the seat out and installed a toilet it the machines

·
Registered
954 Posts
When that counterweight swings back up over your head, it sure does increase the pucker factor, especially like that second video on the platform. Can't say I've ever loaded / unloaded a machine quite like those guys though!

6b1f493c.jpg

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Be a heck of a time to loose hydraulic! :anvil_drop: Mythbusters loaded an excavator into a dump truck last year and did it much the same way as the second vid.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
I find it funny, that there are 3 guys wearing safety vests, in the first vid.

You can just imagine the safety inspector, flipping feverishly through his

manual, looking for a violation, and discovering, they haven't written

that paragraph yet. :rolling: Heck, it'd take more than a paragraph. That's a

whole book going on there.

·
Super Moderator
54,614 Posts
I loaded my MF 50 Backhoe onto the flatbed of a Ford F700, hauled it to S.E. Okla. Unloaded, worked there for a week, loaded back up and came home. NO RAMPS! Used the Hoe hydraulics for it all!

Reactions: oldedeeres

·
Anything Red . . .
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where I worked, we got a JCB backhoe. The factory demonstrater extended the front bucket and back hoe all the way down lifting the wheels clear of the ground. Then, rolling both buckets, he walked the machine forward.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I would like to provide the members here a video of my JD 1026r loading itself onto my JD 10 cart. However, I like other JD owners are finding out, the 10xx series loaders are having a problem with "FBS"* and until the new loader control valve or blue pill type hydraulic system additive promised for some time now by John Deere is installed there will be no demonstration.

*FBS = Floppy Bucket Syndrome

·
Registered
977 Posts
I, like you, am old enough to know about the FBS. I'm here to tell you that the 'little blue pill' isn't all it's cracked up to be.
"Cracked up"? You're supposed to swallow it with a glass of water! :D

What happens if a hydraulic component fails?
It doesn't really "fail" altogether, it fails when you have a load on the bucket and curl it just slightly. It can just dump the load... "We're working on it!", sez Deere... Mine tripped while I had the 54 mower deck hanging from it on chains and I was ready for it because I've read all the JD SCUT threads. It's still unnerving!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts