Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple pieces of equipment that were designed for an old Ford tractor, Cat. 1. First is 3 point lift arm that I want to change to a Cat. O for my Kubota B7100. From information I have gathered, the distance between the arms is normally 20" on Cat. O and 26" on Cat. 1. What I don't have and would like is the distance from the center line of the lift arm pins to the top link pin. My Cat. 1 stuff is right at 18" but that is to high for Cat. O. What would be ideal? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks much. That is what I will use. Appreciate it. Now time to go to work on the project.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What you do not want is creating a distance too short , or you risk your implement and top link dropping too far and the plow inverting when contacting resistance . A distance of 15-16 inches would be where I would start if I was on this project . I have converted many cat 0 to cat 1 using a simple drawbar and a top link attachment and then mounting the implements to the draw bars with heavy duty brackets .

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I started with an old Ford 3 point boom. Found out when I was getting ready to collect the parts the the lift arm holes in a Kubota B7100 are 3/4". I got 3/4" pins and they fit good. Tack welded it first, then tried for fitness. Looked good so welded it together solid. The boom is a good 7' long and I thought it might be to log to carry anything back that far on this light of tractor. Picked up a harrow section first thing and it handled it good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.