Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a beautiful day here in NJ with temps reaching near 70 degrees, my BIL and I took his 35' Bertram sport fisherman to the Shrewsbury rocks an area of ocean a couple of miles off the coast of NJ to catch Black fish (Tautog) these fish are dogged fighter's and are very tasty on the plate, there diet consists of shellfish, crabs clams and mussels. They are a regulated species and cannot be bought or sold on the open market, so if you want to eat them you have to catch them. Here is what a black fish or Tog look like, we caught 10 today. Water Boat Sky Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
55,382 Posts
Nice fish! Sounds like good eating! I'm with Daniel, need to go fishing again!

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
Good for you guys, I'm sure you will enjoy them. Never heard of them before. Very nice sencery in the background, clam water, looks like a very nice day.

Reactions: HANKG and hamman

·
Homelite Owner Extraordinaire
3,175 Posts
Never have fished salt water. Would like to though. My experience is in fresh water fishing. This summer the wife and I will probably be out every day if possible. My son and I are the only ones who eat fish but the wife loves to catch fish for us. I agree Toppop, if he has extra I will volunteer to take some off his hands. Thanks for sharing with us. Looks like a lot of fun and some good eating there. Roger

·
Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!
4,461 Posts
Congrats Hank! Never seen before this species, seems it doesn't live in North or Baltic Sea. This year I wasn't seafishing and when I see your catch, I'm a lil' bit jealous...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.