Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have any suggestions for categories for the forums or main page sections please let us know. After all this is for the members.

·
Tacos!
1,082 Posts
I would agree, it seems that the initial forum page is a bit too much to wade through. If it were broken down more it might make more sense. Maybe click on a category to open up the subcategories.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
middleageddeere said:
I would agree, it seems that the initial forum page is a bit too much to wade through. If it were broken down more it might make more sense. Maybe click on a category to open up the subcategories.
Organization like that is nice but the only problem that we have found is that then the stuff isn't found because it is buried in a way. If that makes sense. If it didn't make for so much of a scroll on the forum index page we would have all the brand categories listed also but instead we have them in the subforums to narrow down the list.

·
Super Moderator
55,378 Posts
Darn it, I'm just getting used to where things are and you want to go and change it around? As long as you have a map so I can find what ever I'm looking for, I'll agree to a change.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
middleageddeere said:
Maybe just a little less cluttered? Compromise? lol yeah I see what your saying George. Didn't think about it like that before.
Once some changes take affect within hopefully a couple of months things will be a lot easier to find and more organized but that is all I can say for now until everything is ironed out for sure. Don't worry though, it is nothing more then software updates but should make for a huge improvement in the future.

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
NUTNDUN said:
Once some changes take affect within hopefully a couple of months things will be a lot easier to find and more organized but that is all I can say for now until everything is ironed out for sure. Don't worry though, it is nothing more then software updates but should make for a huge improvement in the future.
Will these changes affect storage capacity and speed abilities of the forum? And I am all for change, just as long as I can find the "New Posts" button lol.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wvbuzzmaster said:
Will these changes affect storage capacity and speed abilities of the forum? And I am all for change, just as long as I can find the "New Posts" button lol.
I think everything will be easier. It will be less load on the server which means faster loading. Forum posting will be nicer, the pm system is far more advanced and faster. The manuals section will be nicer. There is going to be some construction dust along the way and everyone will just have to be patient and bare with us while the changeover would take affect and we get everything organized. With all that being said, it is going to be a couple months until a change would actually happen.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
NUTNDUN said:
I think everything will be easier. It will be less load on the server which means faster loading. Forum posting will be nicer, the pm system is far more advanced and faster. The manuals section will be nicer. There is going to be some construction dust along the way and everyone will just have to be patient and bare with us while the changeover would take affect and we get everything organized. With all that being said, it is going to be a couple months until a change would actually happen.
When are you telling him about the 2 months with out chat?

:poke:

Just kidding.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MH81 said:
When are you telling him about the 2 months with out chat?

:poke:

Just kidding.
You are being too kind, I forgot to mention that one feature that won't be here anymore is chat....... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.