Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at compact tractors for a while. mainly need something to help maintain some hunting land. brush hogging, food plots, etc. anyhow, came across a CL add for Bolens G152 (2wd) w/Woods 5' finish mower,blade, single furrow plow &sm trailer to pull behind tractor for 3K. Add says 250 hrs on tractor. Doesn't sound like too bad a deal but I dont know much about these tractors. Also found a MF 1010 (4wd) w/ 1400 hrs. Comes w/ 4ft brush hog, and rear blade for 4500. Can anyone tell me about these model of tractors, good or bad?

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Welcome to GTT. You can search threads to learn about the tractors. The first thing you need to do is define what the machine needs to be able to do. I use a JD111 for lawn mowing, a Bolens 1250 for moving things in the yard and a Ford 2000 for snow removal. Good Luck, Rick

·
Registered
602 Posts
Been looking at compact tractors for a while. mainly need something to help maintain some hunting land. brush hogging, food plots, etc. anyhow, came across a CL add for Bolens G152 (2wd) w/Woods 5' finish mower,blade, single furrow plow &sm trailer to pull behind tractor for 3K. Add says 250 hrs on tractor. Doesn't sound like too bad a deal but I dont know much about these tractors. Also found a MF 1010 (4wd) w/ 1400 hrs. Comes w/ 4ft brush hog, and rear blade for 4500. Can anyone tell me about these model of tractors, good or bad?
The Bolens G152 is run with a Mitsubishi diesel motor and is made by Iseki. Not sure how easy it is to find most tractor parts but, motor parts should be available. Being this tractor uses a standard 3-point hitch system and a 2 speed PTO implements should not be a problem.

As for the Massey-Ferguson you should post that question under the Massey forum and get the knowledge from other owners of the same.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Reactions: boyscout862
1 - 3 of 3 Posts