Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fresh barn find Clinton engine from a Choremaster one wheel tractor for sale. It has spark, and compression. I have not tried to start it, but looks complete, and I don't see any reason why it would not run. The end of the plug wire is seperated, and will need to be attached. Engine comes as shown complete with clutch. To the best of my knowledge these tractors mainly came with Briggs engines, so not many of these engines around. $200 + shipping. PayPal

Feel free to call or text me if you like. I am not on here all the time, so messaging me is not advised. 7one5-2one2-9one9one

Attachments

·
Summer.
4,536 Posts
That engine may have come off a Choremaster, but I don't believe it was original. At least it isn't like the ones that are sought after. They say Choremaster on the Clinton eng tag itself.

The Briggs were the least common.
The early model A had the Zenith up draft carbs used on early Choremasters, this is before Choremaster relocated the fuel tank between the engine and handle bars. Those early ones were highly desirable a few years ago.

Sold by Monkey Wards, hence the Clinton instead of Briggs. This is the same plant ( I forget the mfg at the moment) that casted and built the Choremaster Roto Spader rebranded by David Bradley, I have picture of my DB rebranded Choremaster in my other thread, the last resto.

Reactions: stiemmy

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all! As I stated in my first post I don't know anything about them, but it sure is cool. Who knows, maybe I'll see if I can get it to fire if I get time today??

Reactions: Traill95

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I took a wire end off of a Briggs, put it on the Clinton, put some gas in the hole, and she started 2nd pull!! I was amazed.

Little down, and dirty video of her first start.

Reactions: DougT

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump.. 130.00 PayPal + shipping

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mods, please mark as SOLD

Thank you

Reactions: KennyP

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a fresh barn find Clinton engine from a Choremaster one wheel tractor for sale. It has spark, and compression. I have not tried to start it, but looks complete, and I don't see any reason why it would not run. The end of the plug wire is seperated, and will need to be attached. Engine comes as shown complete with clutch. To the best of my knowledge these tractors mainly came with Briggs engines, so not many of these engines around. $200 + shipping. PayPal

Feel free to call or text me if you like. I am not on here all the time, so messaging me is not advised. 7one5-2one2-9one9one
That engine looks really good. I just inherited a complete 1 wheeled tractor with attachments and it has a similar engine, however, it has Choremaster - Clinton on the tag. What's left of the paint on my tractor and engine appears to be the same dark green as yours. It has good compression. I have to make a new float bowl gasket and it should run. My father-in-law used it to cultivate his garden up to 15 years ago. He drained the fuel and put it away. The tank looks really clean inside. No rust was seen. I would like to find a new tire but they seem to be difficult to find if not impossible. My hope is to restore it to original appearance if possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts