·
Super Moderator
54,838 Posts
That is sad to hear, especially today!

Reactions: WNYTractorTinkerer

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
It is one thing for a firefighter to lose his life in a fire but completely senseless for them to be shot by a sniper. I sure hope they get the individual(s) and throw the book at them.

·
Registered
986 Posts
very sad, up here in canada we have gun control, but somehow the idiots and criminals still get them, i agree gun control works for law abiding people, but whats the point, stop the madness reintroduce the automatic death penalty for deaths involving a gun during a crime, automatic 10 years prison sentence for crimes involving a weapon of any kind, and automatic 5 year sentence for carrying a gun unlawfully, criminals dont get consealed weapons permits, that way the wimpy judges are bound to the minimums and these people will think twice or go to jail for a long time, also make prison a punishment not a holiday camp that they brag about, to all you bleeding hearts talking about prisoner rights they had rights as free people they do not deserve to be treated better than upstanding members of the community no matter what their social statis is , in England one judge got so tired of razor slashings he posted in the paper all offences with razors would be doubled he started sentencing at 1 year then 2 then 4 then 8 then 16, suddenly the razor slashing stopped, wonder why? it takes someone with guts to standup to all the reformists, let them deal with the loss of a loved one and see which side they run to. just my thoughts, not meaning to offend,

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
My heart goes out to all those involved in this horrible crime.. As for the shooters, if when they get caught.. They should be put down like a crazed yotie.. That sure sounds like (reads like) Those guys wanted something to burn up. I'm waiting to hear they found a body in the building...

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
very sad, up here in canada we have gun control, but somehow the idiots and criminals still get them, i agree gun control works for law abiding people, but whats the point, stop the madness reintroduce the automatic death penalty for deaths involving a gun during a crime, automatic 10 years prison sentence for crimes involving a weapon of any kind, and automatic 5 year sentence for carrying a gun unlawfully, criminals dont get consealed weapons permits, that way the wimpy judges are bound to the minimums and these people will think twice or go to jail for a long time, also make prison a punishment not a holiday camp that they brag about, to all you bleeding hearts talking about prisoner rights they had rights as free people they do not deserve to be treated better than upstanding members of the community no matter what their social statis is , in England one judge got so tired of razor slashings he posted in the paper all offences with razors would be doubled he started sentencing at 1 year then 2 then 4 then 8 then 16, suddenly the razor slashing stopped, wonder why? it takes someone with guts to standup to all the reformists, let them deal with the loss of a loved one and see which side they run to. just my thoughts, not meaning to offend,
Only problem with gun control.. is they don't take ballistics of each gun when you buy it. So really what good is it doing. All they have is a list of guns each of us own and now they know where to go to get the guns.

I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6..

·
Tractorholic
427 Posts
I was just about to to head out to Webster NY ( about 20mins. from my home) to do some last minute Chrismas shopping when I noticed this post, I hadn't seen the news today. I've got the news on now, might have to go somewhere else as it seems they haven't caught the scumbag yet. When they catch him I hope they take him to the firehouse for awhile before they bring him in so the firefighters can have a little "talk" with him.

·
Super Moderator
54,838 Posts
Just my opinion, but they should slow roast the sucker while the fire fighters get to take pot shots at him!

Reactions: HDWildBill

·
Tractorholic
427 Posts
I nominate farmer john for president of the united states. Just say you were born in Hawaii, it won't be a problem.

·
Super Moderator
54,838 Posts
I nominate farmer john for president of the united states. Just say you were born in Hawaii, it won't be a problem.
:bigrofl: :bigrofl:

Yep, that works!

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
That is a wild story. Who would do that?

Farmer John, thanks to mostly downstate sensibilities, NY doesn't have a death penalty anymore.

I feel badly for the firefighters and their families and they will be in my thoughts this holiday season.

·
5,517 Posts
What is coming next. Volunteer firefighters get called out to help in all kinds of situations because they will respond. How sick a person has to be to sit and wait for them. Just another wacko trying to outdo another and make the headlines. Our thoughts and prayers go to the families and friends of the firefighters.

·
Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!
4,461 Posts
is there no civilisation? why does everybody need a gun? poor people!

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
I am at today, and I was sitting in my Bus outside the back door when a delivery van pulls up, I see him here almost daily. Well a few minutes later a Cop comes up to talk to me. It seems that while the driver was inside making his delivery, somebody jumped in the van and took off.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
We agree completely, Farmer John. Our youngest son is a fire fighter and we know the dangers they face every time they go on a call-- shouldn't have to worry about idiots as well! We would love to see the death penalty back for gun crimes (as well as for a few other things), but that's another topic. No offence intended, but criminals "rights" have gotten out of hand. An "outlaw" is just that, outside the law, and does not deserve the protection of the law.

·
I said I work on them. I never said I fix them&#3
2,426 Posts
This made our news down here today at noon. Seems they found the shooter dead of course. At first, it makes you angry, like he got away with it. The way I see it, what's happening to him/her/ them now is worse than anything that man could ever put them through. Pray for the families of the fire fighters who will not be there for their families this Christmas.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
We've been dealing with something just as senseless, but not as public here. I knew this man, have always respected him, and can't get my head wrapped around him being involved in anything bad. No one is even suggesting he was anything other than wrong place, wrong time.

http://m.meadvilletribune.com/meadville/pm_112781/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=5IwoeQA0

People talking that knew him sumize that he was giving someone a lift or helping a "Stranded Motorist" something non-nefarious. He was like that, would stop to help someone or even go out of his way for another human being.

We live in small town USA, this stuff just doesn't happen here...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts