Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
I use a pneumatic sprayer with gunk degreaser, let sit ten minutes after using the venturi gun to apply the degreaser to the parts in question then spray off with the pressure washer. Repeat as necessary until nice an shiny, usually only takes two applications. I used to use the aerosol cans of engine degreaser but that was costly, the suction gun with gallon jugs of gunk work great, good pressure for application and removal. Buy a good gun as the cheap ones are not adjustable and don'twork well. I use this gun for all kinds of things and it even is a good ssubstitute for a pressure washer in a pinch. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Cheap oven cleaner works good. Spray it on, let it set about 15 min. then power wash it off. If necessary hit it again. I use the cheapest that Dollar store has.

Reactions: 637Yeoman

·
Registered
813 Posts
Still pretty spendy compared to buying in bulk, plus for all you climate dorks lol it has to be not so good for the environment, aerosol and such. It is also a bit more agresive with paints and such, especially due to all the enamel most decide to spray on their tractors! To each his own and I am the last guy to be able to talk about the environment. Eric.

·
Fixer of Broken junk
4,968 Posts
PurplePower $5 a gallon at dollar general.And a pressure washer.Don't dilute it just spray it on heavy and let it sit for 5 minutes.Try not to get to much on your hands.It eats the oil out of your skin.Makes your hands look and feel like Gator skin.

Works really good though and it's super cheap.Don't use it on anything with Clear coat.It will etch into clear coat and make it really dull looking.

·
the homeless tractor hoarder
5,248 Posts
I bought this sprayer at an antique mall many years ago for $3 if I remember correctly. Put straight degreaser liquid in and hook it to the air compressor and it'll spray all the nooks and crannies. Has adjustable tip for spray or stream. This way I don't have to buy the expensive aerosol cans. After soaking for a while I fire up the pressure washer and blast the crud off.

Serveware Wood Gas Art Cylinder

Attachments

·
Patina Farmer / Rust Collector
1,472 Posts
PurplePower $5 a gallon at dollar general.And a pressure washer.Don't dilute it just spray it on heavy and let it sit for 5 minutes.Try not to get to much on your hands.It eats the oil out of your skin.Makes your hands look and feel like Gator skin.

Works really good though and it's super cheap.Don't use it on anything with Clear coat.It will etch into clear coat and make it really dull looking.
Purple power here too. Put it in an old Wesley's tire hand pump sprayer. Let it sit, hit it with the garden hose. Removes ~95% of the grime with one application. If it's really a mess, then spray either carb clean or brake clean to cut to bare metal or painted surface.

·
Jack of all trades, master of none.
1,133 Posts
Gunk foamy engwine Brite works well. Diesel does too if you can apply it where you need it In the machine . We got this really good soap for that at caterpillar but I don't think you can buy it. In the field we use gunk foamy engine Brite and a power washer

·
Super Moderator
55,278 Posts
Guess I'm a Purple Power fan too as that is what I normally use.

Reactions: 637Yeoman
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.