Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
1974 Ford LGT 145, 1982 LGT165
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up, I just replaced the blown out, broken down muffler on my Closed Side LGT 165.

I was looking for a bolt in replacment, but was having problems finding one.

New Holland still sold them, but wanted an arm and a leg for it ($176)

Tried looking Nelson Mufflers up to see about getting a muffler through them, not able.

Finally started going through the Walker Catalog, Under their tractor section I had found a muffler close to the specs of the factory muffler (6" in dia and 12 1/2" long, with a offset inlet and outlet.

Ordered the muffler up and found out that it is a direct bolt up muffler for our closed side units.

The Part number is Walker 22020, my cost through a jobber store was around $60.

ford77.jpg

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The funniest thing about it, is it's listed for a IH tractor, yes it is a little pricy, but I looked even on Rock Auto and Summit, and they are selling their mufflers for around $50-55 US

Also for the open side tractors, I believe that the Walker 22022 muffler will fit, I won't know that till I get my parts tractors over to my place and start peicing both of them together in to one

·
Tractorfanatics.com
10,292 Posts
Could you post a link to the catalog, or add some measurements of that for us? Specifically, the distance from the ends to the center of the inlet and outlet holes. Also, are the inlet and outlet holes on opposite sides? 180 degrees apart?

I found it in RockAuto.com, but it doesn't list the distance from end to center of hole.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=130614

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
116 Posts
Thanks for the info, First. I have gone down the same road as you looking on e-bay, suppliers, Nelson etc. I need two of them for my 1450 and 1650. Both of mine have blown out. Thanks again for passing this along.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
You can get this muffler from NAPA in the US. - $82.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=EXH22020_0399275652

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...=EXH22020_0399275652#largeProductImageWrapper

Part Number: EXH 22020
Product Line: NAPA Exhaust

Attributes:
Body Configuration : Side Inlet / Side Outlet
Body Diameter : 5"
Body Length : 12.5"
Inlet Offset : 1.5"
Inlet Position : Offset From End
Inlet Size : 1.42" I.D.
Outlet Offset : 2.9"
Outlet Position : Offset From End
Outlet Size : 1.38" O.D.
Overall Length : 12.5"
Shape : Round
Tail Pipe Length : None
Additional Notes : Black Topcoat.
Brand Name : NAPA Exhaust

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
I went to NAPA yesterday and ordered 1 of these mufflers, gonna take 7 days to get it, there's not 1 in Canada, they have to bring one in from the US.

Cost with tax $106.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used Auto Parts Plus here in Lloydminster to get mine, they had one in stock in Edmonton and I had it the next day.

Muffler shops should be able to get them in as well.

Reactions: DH1

·
FORDoholic
784 Posts
I just ordered a muffler from NAPA. thanks for the help. The sign on the door said they KNOW HOW

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
I used Auto Parts Plus here in Lloydminster to get mine, they had one in stock in Edmonton and I had it the next day.

Muffler shops should be able to get them in as well.
Napa told me they were $85. plus $7. shipping from the US plus tax, comes to about $106.

They probably search southern Ont, and if they can't find it they goto the US ???

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess my price that I quoted on here, is my cost through work, through a Jobber (I work at a Ford dealership here in Lloyd)

So if I were to go to the counter and buy it, it wpuld be about $100 for the muffler.

Reactions: DH1

·
FORDoholic
784 Posts
I just recieved the 22022 muffler I ordred from NAPA and it seems a bit smaller,but I think it will work. will need to make a bracket to fit. May be a couple of says before I get it installed,will post pictures when finished.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
FORDoholic
784 Posts

·
Super Moderator
55,270 Posts
That's the muffler I have on the 108 Cub, 10 HP Kohler. Like to find a couple with a shorter body for my twin cyl. engines.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that is what I said I just held it up to it, but will have to remove the hood and old muffler to be sure. I plan to have ut done by the end of the week.I am not real good at looking at specs. I have to try to make it fit,
Be interesting to know for sure, then we would know that there are aftermarket replacments for the factory mufflers for these tractors, that don't cost an arm and a leg from the dealer.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.