Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I commented in another thread how our spin cycle quit on our clothes washer. Teresa had a load in it when it failed to spin. I rocked & rotated the drum & it then started working, but slower than normal, and with a loud screeching sound. Well, Teresa found the problem. After removing the clothes, then looking for why there were some mineral particles in the clothes, she discovered one of my tiny screwdrivers stuck through a basket hole just under the edge of the agitator. I pulled the agitator, removed the screwdriver, and she works like new again. My 50yr old screwdriver got it's tip worn a bit, but all is good!

Attachments

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Good to hear you got it fixed.

·
Tractorholic
1,564 Posts
Linda always complains about things I leave in pockets. So far nothing has stopped the washer from working properly. I do have some funny looking pink briefs and tee shirts from when I did some clothes for her though.

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
This is an on going thing in our house. The other day Sherry came out of the laundry room to give me a nice clean socket.

Glad you got it fixed and it didn't cause any major damage.

Yes this is one time No Pic's are required, Tinner!

Reactions: tinner

·
Tractorfanatics.com
10,292 Posts
Daniel, from here on out just use the bench grinder to get a decent tip back on the flat heads. I'm not sure where on the World Wide Web you read to use a washing machine, but I assure you the bench grinder is faster.

First, an automated milking parlor. Now, automated milling. What's next? Robotic paint booth?

I do have some funny looking pink briefs and tee shirts from when I did some clothes for her though.
Yep, just let the camera remain at idle. No need to throttle 'er up for that one.

·
32,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OOPS.....I spoke too soon! The washer is now leaking like crazy. I took it apart & the plastic drum was cut by the screwdriver all the way through about an inch or so, and deep for another 7 or 8". I may be able to repair it, and if not, I'll see what the part costs.

·
GT Tinkerer
1,346 Posts
Daniel,
Same thing happened to me but with a drywall screw a few years back. Pulled the drum, put on some original JB weld, put it back together and let it dry overnight. It has been good to go since then.

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
OOPS.....I spoke too soon! The washer is now leaking like crazy. I took it apart & the plastic drum was cut by the screwdriver all the way through about an inch or so, and deep for another 7 or 8". I may be able to repair it, and if not, I'll see what the part costs.
I hate it when that happens! You think you escaped a major problem only to find out oop's no you didn't.
Hope you can fix it Daniel. You could also try plastic welding.

·
Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!
4,461 Posts
In more then 30 years living together, Doris, my wife, or I found all the coins, nails, screws, knives or tools I wear in my pockets - we always wondered, how this could happen. But we never damaged a washing machine (knock on wood)!

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
I hope you can get the leak fixed Daniel. It would be a shame to wake up the Maytag man.

·
Tractorholic
1,555 Posts
Good luck on the "real" fix.

I bet you were wondering where you left your favorite screwdriver, huh?

·
32,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had Teresa pick up some marine epoxy & high grade silicone sealant for aquariums. I will epoxy both sides tonight, then after cured, cover all with the silicon. I'm not throwing in the towel just yet!

·
Super Moderator
54,603 Posts
Dang, never thought of that happening! Good luck with the repairs.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts