Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Aaron
6,736 Posts
All I do is ride it out.

I use a Vicks steam vaporizer that I've had for years. Now they don't sell them and something about being bad for you

Also if I can manage. I chug a few glasses of water, double dose of nyquil, Vicks on my chest, warm blanket and pass out for as long as I can. Sometimes all that sleep gets me better than anything.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Drinking plenty of fluids is a big help. You can easily get dehydrated this time of year with the cold temps and dry air and not feeling over heated like in summer months. There seem to be some nasty bugs around here this year. The kind that start like a normal cold but then just won't go away.

·
the homeless tractor hoarder
5,248 Posts
[Might have posted this before so sorry if I have]

When my mom gets a sore throat she puts some Vicks Vapo-Rub on her finger and smears some INSIDE her throat as far back as she can reach. Been doing that for decades. She says it gives nearly instant relief.

:say_what:

·
Getting Out!
8,215 Posts
Vicks Orally, NOT! That is one long lasting GREASE and tastes awful. It is just for "VAPOR", which you are NOT gonna get in there! Can't rinse out with coffee or nothing, my brother tried this one time. Dumb!

I just ride them out most times. Can take pills for nose congestion to breath, that is about it. Been w/out a cold this year so far. Most times once I get one in winter, it is kinda with me all season till warms up. I have runny nose any time under 65* anymore, so that is my biggest issue.

·
Anything Red . . .
12,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[Might have posted this before so sorry if I have]

When my mom gets a sore throat she puts some Vicks Vapo-Rub on her finger and smears some INSIDE her throat as far back as she can reach. Been doing that for decades. She says it gives nearly instant relief.

:say_what:
Guaakk! I'm with GL, there are just two places I'll never use Vick's; orally and anally.

>sighhhhh< I was hoping to discover someones secret recipe with this thread. You know: like their great-grandmother would rub their chest with kerosene and wrap their neck with a squirrel; that kind of thing.

·
Getting Out&#33;
8,215 Posts
Fella just posted on here about some natural seed to clear sinuses. Fenugreek? or such to make a tee with Honey in it! I'm not a believer in those natural things, but thought of trying this to see just what might happen. Always messed up sinuses for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.