Garden Tractor Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Can you let me know what part of navigating the site is difficult for you?

I am here to help. :)

- Cricket
How do I go to a mobile view of this site now? Was very easy to switch back & forth between the "full view" & "mobile view" before & u can't find anywhere that shows how to switch.

·
Hangin' with the cool kids
Ontario, Canada
2,513 Posts
Hmm, site looks similar to three others I follow, (WFM, JD Fanatics, and Green Tractor Talk), why do I get the feeling these guys are trying to monopolize tractor forum sites?
Most are owned by one company, one way or another. They have been buying forums for years.
Personally, I like this new format for forums.....and I am an old fart.
One thing I do miss is my old member #....number 42....lol

·
Ontario, Canada
2,513 Posts
And, being the old fart that I am, something has slipped my mind. Under my poncho62, the bi-line has changed. &#39 has been added for some reason. I have forgotten how to correct that.......Can I?

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Any way. Old site was fine for me. But. Things change. And some members will stay and some not. Im not a great form or internet type person, so it will be difficult. Seems to be the same thing as the Case site form I joined six months ago. And I can sort of get around there. Don’t like the ads. But that’s typical. Any that gets updated, they bombard you with ads. Peas me off. Phone updates, you tube , all the same. Sell sell sell. Drives me up the wall, across the cieling and down the other wall. The almighty dollar, is what my uncle used to say. Any way. I might use it and might not. Sad to loose internet site friends over a thing like this.

Have a good day !

Noel

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Give me a break, not a 6 year old in school getting stars for a good work. Jumpins !

Noel

Attachments

·
307 Posts
Epic Disaster !!!!

I couldn't log in under my old user name and password. My old email address used when I first registered is expired so I couldn't get a new password and couldn't change my email address.

Had to turn off javascript and register a new profile. I couldn't register as a new user with javascript enabled.

Now I have lost access to all my history !!!

Epic Disaster !!!!

·
Super Moderator
54,017 Posts
Gonna take some getting used to! Haven't found a few things as yet.

·
Super Moderator
54,017 Posts
Site did not recognize my password, had to do a new one. Looking things over right now. See the manuals have appeared. Can't find a community calendar as yet for the Birthday thread plus my 'uploaded attachments'. It is much faster. Hope we have kept the 'new member's' first post moderated for spammers.

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,237 Posts
One of the greatest assets of this website is the library of manuals compiled by members over the past 10 years. .....Members have spent thousands of hours over the years, scanning, posting, updating, or improving the quality of the scans.

The old Manuals forum organized all the files in a manner which made it easy to find what one was looking for. ....The new format has scattered the files into a seemingly unorganized format.

It is EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING to see that manuals are not accessible. .....I have tried opening many of the files, and none are operable.

·
Ontario, Canada
2,513 Posts
Epic Disaster !!!!

I couldn't log in under my old user name and password. My old email address used when I first registered is expired so I couldn't get a new password and couldn't change my email address.

Had to turn off javascript and register a new profile. I couldn't register as a new user with javascript enabled.

Now I have lost access to all my history !!!

Epic Disaster !!!!
An admin can go in and merge your 2 accounts, history won't be lost.
I had to reset password too. We were warned a month or so ago about updating emails. I bet a lot of members didn't see it, so will be having problems.

·
Ontario, Canada
2,513 Posts
Times change.....There are pluses and minusses. Uploading pictures is much easier in this format. The advertising and lack of variety kind of puts me off. all forums look the same now.

·
Administrator
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
One of the greatest assets of this website is the library of manuals compiled by members over the past 10 years. .....Members have spent thousands of hours over the years, scanning, posting, updating, or improving the quality of the scans.

The old Manuals forum organized all the files in a manner which made it easy to find what one was looking for. ....The new format has scattered the files into a seemingly unorganized format.

It is EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING to see that manuals are not accessible. .....I have tried opening many of the files, and none are operable.
This should be resolved now. Please try again.

- Cricket

·
Tractorholic
432 Posts
I have not posted for some time, only when I thought I could be of some help to someone else, but I did take a quick read of posts most every day. I too do not like all the ads and it took half an hour just to get back to be able to post. Out with the old and in with the new. I guess I'm old (younger coworkers called me "you old dinosaur" when I worked in the field). Anyway I guess I'm out too. A great bunch of people here, take care and be kind.

·
Administrator
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
And, being the old fart that I am, something has slipped my mind. Under my poncho62, the bi-line has changed. &#39 has been added for some reason. I have forgotten how to correct that.......Can I?
I fixed it for you.

- Cricket

21 - 40 of 71 Posts