Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3 Posts
BolensTractor1.jpg Note: photos are before painting.
I just repainted a 1455. When installing the cozy cab, (made of steel and glass), with a neighbor, the tracter hood got scratched. I am 6'2" and my neighbor is short and balancing the cozy cab was tricky. I do not own a gantry and commercial gantries are not cost effective.
Does anyone have a similar cozy cab and subsequently devised an easier installation method? If not, can someone suggest a better installation method?

Attachments

·
4,473 Posts
We need PICS on this one???????????????

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
To mount mine, I use a block and tackle from the ceiling joists in the garage, with nylon tow straps through the upper part of the cab (with the doors off).

Reactions: Bolens 1000

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. When I find my block an tackle I should be all set. Also, I plan to make a hood cover to avoid another mishap. :smile1:

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
With mine, I open the hood first to avoid hitting it with the cab. Get the cab settled & close the hood.

·
TRACTOROLOGIST
234 Posts
looks great 2 me. i need 2 build or find one for repairing. buying new just doesnt have my touch....lol. great job!!

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I have my hard (all steel) cab installed on my HT18. And scratching the paint is parts of installing these heavy bulky cabs. My dash got a few more scratches then the hood.

My best advice would be to remove the hood and dash when installing the cab.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts