Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to purchase a Craftsman FF/18 with a B&G 18HP motor it has 1573 hours on the meter. Would this be considered worn out or just well used. He's asking $400 with a plow and scrape blade. He says it needs a seat, new tires and carb rebuilt. It was running when parked last year and needs the carb pullled and cleaned. Has new battery.

What's your opion on the price?

Attachments

·
diesel mechanic
1,165 Posts
ik the kohler vtwins need rebuilt around 1500hrs, but that is with commercial use

Reactions: Jasper

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies I bought it. Was able to talk the guy down to $350. It came with the seat mount.

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Uncle Willie do you have the part number for the mower?
Which mower are we talking here, the 44" or the 50"? The 44" model # is 917.253650. The 50" is 917. 253660.

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an ff18 and looking for a mower deck that will work. I understand I will also need the idler box assembly that I assume allows connect of the mower deck belt to the PTO pulley. Any info is appreciated. Tks. Tom

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
:wave: Welcome to the forum, Tmarsh!

Here is the manual/parts list for the FF mowers. That may help you figure out what you need.

Reactions: MH81

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the opportunity to purchase a Craftsman FF/18 with a B&G 18HP motor it has 1573 hours on the meter. Would this be considered worn out or just well used. He's asking $400 with a plow and scrape blade. He says it needs a seat, new tires and carb rebuilt. It was running when parked last year and needs the carb pullled and cleaned. Has new battery.

What's your opion on the price?
how much?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
1573 hours could be anything from well used to scrap depending on maintenance. Running when parked is meaningless. Plow is worth 125/150 around here. A little less for a front blade. I would be real skeptical at 400 and not hearing it run and seeing it move.
Don

Crap now I am answering 8 year old posts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts