Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
It looks like a decent tractor. Personally I feel the price is too high for a bare tractor with no attachments or weights. The engine has been replaced but it's not a big deal. Personally I think it's worth around 250, maybe 300 tops.

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
I've stepped out of the pricing arena but I will throw a few observations at you to take as you wish.

-Original Seat is missing

-Choke lever is missing

-Engine was a factory replacement

-1050's are one of the most commonly found tubeframes

-Would not consider this "Pristine" but in Decent shape

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,235 Posts
The ad does say $450 or best offer.

This implies the owner would like to get the full price, but that he is willing to take less.

This works to the buyer's advantage.

At this point, the "buyer" can low-ball the seller, and possibly piss him off, or ask the seller what his best price is and work from that point. .....Another option is to offer what you are comfortable paying.

Seeing and running the tractor will provide a better idea of what it may be worth to you, than just looking at a picture!

If you just want a decent running tractor that is not 100% original, your offering price will be at one level.

If you plan on "blowing it apart" to do a 100% restoration to showroom perfection, you will end up investing more $$ than you will ever get back when selling it. .....If this is your plan, look for a less-expensive tractor, as you be buying many new parts.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
$450 is way too high for this time of year, $200-$300 would be more like it, if it runs good. My 1000 was listed for $400 with a mowing deck and weight box. I made an offer of $100 after it hit 30 days on CL. He countered $150. I waited a week and we settled on $125.

This is the best time of year to buy tractors, mowing and camping equipment. You should be able to save $100-$200 from summer prices.

·
Tractorholic
155 Posts
I paid $250.00 for my 1050, drove 45 minutes to pick it up. Was running but at time of sale not running, no
attachments, had wheel weights and rear Ag tires in "fair" condition. Spent 1 hour on it to repair ignition
lead, started and ran beautiful. I put my Haban flail Mo on it and ran it for 5 hours. No smoke, uses no oilI am a VERY happy camper.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
That's been up for almost a month. Depending on what your going to do with it has a lot to do with what you pay. Explain it's a bare GT, missing parts, & offer a real low price & see what happens.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
theres to many out there to pay that much for a molested 1050

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's been up for almost a month. Depending on what your going to do with it has a lot to do with what you pay. Explain it's a bare GT, missing parts, & offer a real low price & see what happens.
I gave it a shot, he just ignored my offer for $150. oh well.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Wasn't meant to be. Like they always say if you wait long enough you'll find what you want.

Reactions: JakeQT17
1 - 15 of 15 Posts