Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took off the snowcaster and replaced it with the reel mower.

Turned out to not be all that hard of a job. Probably easier than switching implements on a tube frame.

Ran into two 'issues' though. It's missing the wooden roller, and I only have one of the really short pins that hold it to the arms on the axle.

I did mow just a wee patch to see how it was working. Didn't do a bad job at all. Especially when you consider that this was grass that I had just run a sickle mower over.

Here are the obligatory pics :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Yours looks great!

I do want a power reel mower. Ya'll wait and see. Something might be showing up here in the next few days. :smilewink:

Ben W.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Are you missing the entire roller assembly (wooden rollers and shaft and mounting brackets) or just the wooden rollers. I have a reel mower for my EK10's to rebuild and the wooden rollers are very worn. I plan to turn some new ones. If you need the roller dimensions right away, I can take the roller assembly off and get them measured for you.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you missing the entire roller assembly (wooden rollers and shaft and mounting brackets) or just the wooden rollers. I have a reel mower for my EK10's to rebuild and the wooden rollers are very worn. I plan to turn some new ones. If you need the roller dimensions right away, I can take the roller assembly off and get them measured for you.
I'm missing everything. All I have is the two holes for mounting it :D :D :D

·
Registered
776 Posts
Old Buzzard, if you need some of the short mounting clevis pins for EK attachments, I have a ton of good used (but kind rusty looking) pins as well as a whole box of NOS pins that I got in one of the boxes from my recent Bolens acquisition... :D Let me know if you need any...

Still going through the rest of the boxes to see what I have there though. I can see right off that he has ONE NOS foot well rubber pad for the left side I believe, but not one for the other side. :( I was kinda hoping that if he had new rubber pads for it that he would have a full set for both sides... unless he already installed one of them on one side?
confused-smiley-013.gif

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Already ordered 2 of them from one of our sponsors, bhts.

Thanks for the offer though.

If you have ANY part(s) for the rear rollers for the reel mower I could use it though.

Reactions: MailmAn

·
Registered
776 Posts
Nope, sorry! I don't have any reel mower parts at all.

Odd though that BHTS had any of those clevis pins for the EK's... I ordered a bunch of parts from him a few weeks ago (before I bought the two EK-10's down in PA last weekend) and I had asked if he had any of those clevis pins and I thought he said he didn't have any of those particular pins in stock. Weird... Maybe he just got some in recently? I know there were a LOT of EK parts that he didn't have in stock and evidently couldn't get...

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you give him the actual part# ?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Yes. Unless there is some remote chance that the pins are different between an EK-10 and an EK-7? I highly doubt that though... According to the EK-10 manual anyways, it lists them as part number 1715637, which is the number I gave him.

It really doesn't matter now since I ended up with a ton of them anyways, but I just found it peculiar is all...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts