Was working in and out of the house yesterday finishing up a remodeling project. At 2:30 it was 69° and was nice in a T-shirt. This morning the furnace kicked in and was 19°. 50°change in 16 hours is unreal.
The wind was wicked last night. I kept hearing some type of metal banging while working in the basement. Finally figured out it was the vent flap in the exhaust pipe of the oil furnace. The wind was so strong, it was creating a vacuum in the chimney, this is a 100 yr old 2 story farmhouse so not a short chimney.