Garden Tractor Forums banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Wow nice tractors! I noticed though, all of them are manual lift? Did Ford never offer hydraulic lift on the old ones?

·
Hangin' with the cool kids
Ontario, Canada
2,530 Posts
Wow nice tractors! I noticed though, all of them are manual lift? Did Ford never offer hydraulic lift on the old ones?
LGT145 and 165 came standard with hydraulic lift. The one in the center is a 165, it has hydraulic lift. I added the handle to help it with the bucket.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ohh ok cool! I see the chain on the side...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Cool little tractor! Did you build it?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cvans

·
Fixer of Broken junk
4,794 Posts
100% Cub all the way. You ever watch competitive garden tractor pulling? Even the JD badged tractors have a Cub Cadet transaxle cleverly hidden up under there skirts. Nothing else even remotely comes close to the durability of those transaxles.

Pop the rear Diff cover off of 1 and you will quickly see why. lol

Cub Cadet Automotive type Differential.

215372.jpg

Peerless 2300 Differential.

s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

·
6,148 Posts
My lgt 165 Ford broke the steering box twice. Snapped the shaft thru the middle. Broke the front left spindle. Broke the drag link from the steering box to the front left spindle. All because of having a snowblower on the front and about 3000 hours on the tractor. They all will break down at some point. Metal fatigue will happen in any thing with use.

One of my lgt Ford tractor has hydraulic ports at the front of the tractor. Blade angling or what ever could be hooked there. Mine has a cylinder there to operate the top defector on the snow blower.

Cub cadets where cheating using farm tractor parts to build a garden tractor. Hehe.

Noel

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
100% Cub all the way. You ever watch competitive garden tractor pulling? Even the JD badged tractors have a Cub Cadet transaxle cleverly hidden up under there skirts. Nothing else even remotely comes close to the durability of those transaxles.

Pop the rear Diff cover off of 1 and you will quickly see why. lol

Cub Cadet Automotive type Differential.

attachicon.gif
215372.jpg

Peerless 2300 Differential.

attachicon.gif
s-l1600.jpg
Wow thanks for backing me up! Big difference LOL.

Reactions: Cvans

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
My lgt 165 Ford broke the steering box twice. Snapped the shaft thru the middle. Broke the front left spindle. Broke the drag link from the steering box to the front left spindle. All because of having a snowblower on the front and about 3000 hours on the tractor. They all will break down at some point. Metal fatigue will happen in any thing with use.

One of my lgt Ford tractor has hydraulic ports at the front of the tractor. Blade angling or what ever could be hooked there. Mine has a cylinder there to operate the top defector on the snow blower.

Cub cadets where cheating using farm tractor parts to build a garden tractor. Hehe.

Noel
Well... No tractor is perfect

And yea when a farm tractor manufacturer builds a garden tractor from scratch its HEAVY

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Does anyone know the weight of a Cub Cadet 782 with no fluids and no operator?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I found a little bit of information... This sales brochure says a 1811/1812 weigh 800 pounds. (1811 is a very similar tractor to a 782, just with a lighter aluminum rear) do you think that is only the tractor that weighs 800 pounds or is it with an operator or mower deck?
a21b6db57bd0fc0d12567bbbcb81e411.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Long time ago in a land far far away I read the early Dodge dart ring and pinion will fit in the CC rear ends.

And they lived happily ever after. True story :D
Lol I read about that too...

·
Registered
986 Posts
I don't know anything about Fords, never even saw one in person, but I like Cub Cadets so I will say they are better. :D :nothingtoadd:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I don't know anything about Fords, never even saw one in person, but I like Cub Cadets so I will say they are better. :D :nothingtoadd:
That is my logic lol! My brother has a Ford GT85 and I gotta admit, its a decent tractor. But its flaws are: Cheesy fiberglass hood, weak box tubing front axle, and NO PARTS AVAILABILITY. That is one reason why I love Cubs is because I can find parts anywhere.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
That's for sure.

Noel
Yep lol but some were pretty darn close to perfect. Its really weird seeing the old Cub Cadets just sitting in piles of junk in people's backyards, because the tractor itself isn't worn out at all, its just the engines back then weren't good enough for the tractors. :wallbanging:

21 - 40 of 84 Posts