Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bush Hog Addict
3,434 Posts
Big thanks to Mowinman2 for the heads up on this deal. These pieces were bought together in most likely 1968. Stayed in the same family (brother in law bought it new, then bought by wife's brother). Tractor needs paint but pretty much has been inside for 30 years. The front PTO paint was a bright red. Hood, fenders will need to be repainted. Early model with TR-10D motor. Has optional rear spring lift assist and front bumper guard. Dark area on the dash floor is a vinyl wood decal. Maybe with a heat gun I can get it off with out too much damage to the paint. Front tires on tractor are supposed to be on the dump cart. Dump cart tires are supposed to be on the tractor. Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Plant Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface Tread
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Shoe Wood Gas Hardwood Flooring

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
55,268 Posts
Very nice BH!

Reactions: sacsr

·
Bush Hog Addict
3,434 Posts
Few pictures of the tractor. Serial number 9030 sold new in February 1968. Soaked the carburetor and put it back on. Little oil in the cylinder- turned it over by hand- hit the starter and it fired up on the first turn. Motor runs well. I have to crank it with the transaxle in gear- the clutch will stop progression of the tractor, but not enough to disengage the transaxle from spinning - it is grinding gears- will see if I can adjust the clutch first but may be more involved. My first BH with a cigarette lighter. Not factory for sure. I had noticed this had the optional rear lift kit on it and suspected it might have come with a tiller. Upon further research I found out that a tiller had been sold with it. Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Agricultural machinery
Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Wood Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
55,268 Posts
Nice looking Hog! Like that one (2nd pic) under the D4-10 decal!

Reactions: sacsr

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts

·
Bush Hog Addict
3,434 Posts
Thanks Daniel it looks good from the side and from a distance but up close its a good one but it's not that nice - I think they kept the house plants on the hood during the winter. This tractor is a puzzle for sure/ the bumper is faded but the pto clutch is bright red- it was well used before it was put up- but it's a keeper for sure. I put a new air filter on it before running it. It's sideways because I forgot to bolt it down when I was mounting the carburetor and just let it sit a little sideways till I got it running.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.