Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I had dinner tonight with Jim and Ellen Haynes and after hearing rumors starting to spread on social media, I was able to have Jim confirm that he has indeed officially retired from Dandy Sales and has a couple of parties interested in purchasing the company. What this means is that he will no longer be able to sell Dandy Sales parts, which are the items you've seen displayed on his sales tables at the shows. Tractors, attachments and used original parts (grills, hoods, fenders) were not part of Dandy Sales so will still be sold by Jim until they are gone but will not be shipped. You will have to pick them up or arrange to have Jim bring them to a show you could meet up at. Also - I would suggest that if you have put down a deposit to have Jim hold an item, you should probably pick it up as soon as possible. The message on the answering machine has been changed and no longer identifies itself as Dandy Sales. If you are interested in purchasing a tractor or attachment, Be sure to leave a message stating your name and the item you are interested in buying.

I do not know who the parties are who are interested in purchasing Dandy Sales. Jim didn't give me any names and I didn't bother asking.

Jim and Ellen said there was no one specific reason why they were calling it quits but was a compilation of many things. They said it was finally time to give it up so they get get to do other things for a change. They'll still be going to the tractor shows once in a while but just for the fun of it from now on - just like the rest of us!

I wish them good luck and good health.

AL

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Brandon and I purchased Dandy Sales. It will be an extension of HAPCO Parts. Jim is still taking and filling orders until the business is moved to our warehouse. He and Ellen, as well as Brandon and I, are very excited about the change over. He wants to keep the name "Dandy Sales" and we agreed to let him keep it. We have some great plans for the business and Jim will be readily available to assist when needed. Some things we will add will be online ordering and credit card payments. Yes, there will be a learning period and we hope that the collectors will help educate us as we dive in, eager to learn.

Our other businesses, HAPCO Parts and Lawn & Garden Tractor Magazine, have been very successful and we are confident that the new acquisition will be as good and even better than ever, and Jim and Ellen will be able to retire and do the things they have wanted to do for several years.

We have not made an "official announcement" but I decided to post a response and give you the straight answer.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to this new adventure!

·
1,824 Posts
Welcome to the world of Panzers. Good to hear the business will keep going. I hope you're willing to invest the time to learn everything Jim can teach you about the Panzer brand. That would be a daunting but necessary task. Hopefully Jim has everything written down? ;-)

Reactions: tractorchick

·
tinkerer
2,492 Posts
Brandon and I purchased Dandy Sales.

We have not made an "official announcement" but I decided to post a response and give you the straight answer.

I have recently bought my first Panzer tractor so I'm very glad to see that parts for it's restoration will still be available.

Reactions: tractorchick

·
old Member
1,007 Posts
Brandon and I purchased Dandy Sales. It will be an extension of HAPCO Parts. Jim is still taking and filling orders until the business is moved to our warehouse. He and Ellen, as well as Brandon and I, are very excited about the change over. He wants to keep the name "Dandy Sales" and we agreed to let him keep it. We have some great plans for the business and Jim will be readily available to assist when needed. Some things we will add will be online ordering and credit card payments. Yes, there will be a learning period and we hope that the collectors will help educate us as we dive in, eager to learn.

Our other businesses, HAPCO Parts and Lawn & Garden Tractor Magazine, have been very successful and we are confident that the new acquisition will be as good and even better than ever, and Jim and Ellen will be able to retire and do the things they have wanted to do for several years.

Well if there is anything I can do to help as far as machine or fab work please let me know.

·
309 Posts

Kate! I am so happy for you guys! Like you weren't busy enough though! I called Jim and he said everything I was interested in had pretty much rushed out the door the first day. I'm a little farther west, so my letter arrived on Friday and I didn't hear back until Saturday. I wish you guys the best and if there is anything any of us can help with, just give us a shout! Thanks for keeping the hobby alive and well! I know it's in GREAT hands!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, I had several email conversations w/ Jim a couple of years ago when acquiring parts for the Pennsylvania gang reel mowers which came with my Fimaco tractor. At the time, he was doing research for a book re the Fimaco tractors and I sent him copies of all the catalogs, invoices, and other original info I have regarding my Fimaco and accessories. I've tried to find out if he ever finished his research, but have heard nothing. I believe he had some serious health issues shortly after our contact.

Additionally, he put me in contact w/ an individual (Costagno) who I believe was interested in purchasing my Fimaco and some of the original accessories which can with the tractor (3 gang reel mower, spreader, roller, cart, etc.), but I lost contact. At the time, I was not ready to sell, but now am.

If anyone has info re Jim's research, or knows of anyone interested in Fimaco tractors, for purchase or otherwise, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Regards,

Fred Foshag Jr

Pittsburg, KS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.