Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you have pics, for decal location

it's especially for lift arm, clutch/brake pedal, implement decal operation

when i have my tractor i take pictures of the decal, but the maplehunter decal kit have more decal and i don't know the location

thank you

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
There are a couple on that kit you won't use. Like the f-n-r, hydro, and the do not tow stickers. They are all for the hydrostatic version of the tractor.

The manual has some pretty good pics, also I'm sure the guys who already have done theirs will be along shortly.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
mine have the do not tow tractor on gaz tank originaly
I thought that was just on the Hydro units? I will have to look on mine.
That probably isn't original. Unless, someone on the assembly line, had an

insecurity complex. :smilewink:

Here is what I have as far as original placement.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
Here are some pictures of mine. Noel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
One more. Noel

Attachments

·
129 Posts
The decals vary with the year of manufacture. The 1966 MF10 only had a few (as in the attached scan of the 1966 manual). The varispeed decal came later - maybe when the hydra speed was introduced, and I think the yellow safety decal was later still. I don't know when the attachment decals were introduced.

Drinkware Font Kitchen appliance Cylinder Circle

Attachments

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
The decals vary with the year of manufacture. The 1966 MF10 only had a few (as in the attached scan of the 1966 manual). The varispeed decal came later - maybe when the hydra speed was introduced, and I think the yellow safety decal was later still. I don't know when the attachment decals were introduced.

attachicon.gif
decals.jpg
You have this from a 1966 parts manual?

If so, that says something to this.

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/43936-help-to-id-a-massey-ferguson-10/

·
129 Posts
You have this from a 1966 parts manual?

If so, that says something to this.

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/43936-help-to-id-a-massey-ferguson-10/
Yes I think so - the screenshot is taken from the document in the manuals section, which has no explicit date, but is labelled:

"Printed in U.S.A. 1st Print MF 10 Garden Tractor 651 219 M93 (Issue 1) 11/66"

at the bottom of each page, from which I am guessing it was the first manual released in November 1966. Moreover, the pictures in that very nice colour sales brochure that FirefyterEmt uploaded a while ago, which was published when the MF12 hydra came out (1967?) shows the early MF10 with none of the later decals on it.

There is a later parts book in the GT Manuals section in which page 65 shows the "Variable Speed" "Do not tow" and "Shift only when engine is running" decals as well as those shown in Issue 1 - that page is from "Issue 2 1/71" which suggests these came in around 1971. The yellow decal, implement and hood release ones all seem to be later still.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts