Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was buffing my paint, I buffed a bit of the decal on my 782. Some of it came off, I thought it was rubbing compound stuck on it, so I used a magic eraser to try to get it off, and it rubbed more off. How can I fix this? Black marker? Help please.
Car Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Font Bumper Rectangle

·
Registered
807 Posts
How can I fix this? Black marker?
Black marker may work. Better option would be to carefully tape off the white and spray black paint over the decal.

One tip for buffing. Put masking tape over decals and any sharp edges before you buff. This will keep you from burning through the paint on a sharp edge or damaging a decal.

·
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Black marker may work. Better option would be to carefully tape off the white and spray black paint over the decal.

One tip for buffing. Put masking tape over decals and any sharp edges before you buff. This will keep you from burning through the paint on a sharp edge or damaging a decal.
Thanks for the advice. To be perfectly honest with you I strongly dislike that option. I don’t want to alter the decal any more. I may just live with it. Not too terribly noticeable from a standard viewing distance

·
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ll just buy a new one. Maple hunter will ship me just the left side one for 12$

1 - 6 of 6 Posts