Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to just clean it up and use it. But I had to remove the sheet metal to paint because the PO sand blasted it all and primed it. So as I was removing panels, I noticed allot of loose bolts. So I decided to rip it apart so I could check everything. I am glad I did! Because after dismantling and giving it a nice bath in kerosene, I found the right rear axle tube is cracked all the way around near the flange to the trans. I have found a few parts through one of our site sponsors (Joe's Outdoor Power) But I am still in need of a few other things. I posted a wanted add in our classifieds section with the list (in case anyone on here has a donor MF12H of MF10 for some of the common stuff) Anyway here are some pictures form today. The last picture is the break. Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs
Electrical wiring Engineering Gas Electricity Machine
Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread Gas
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Gas Auto part Automotive wheel system Nut Pipe

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,600 Posts
Sorry to hear of the break. Hope you find the other parts needed. Good luck!

Reactions: chris m

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Chris, it's always hard to stop when you start tearing into an old tractor. It always seems to get more involved and suck up more time and money. But after all it's a hobby and in the end you'll feel much better with the results if you do everyhing you want. At some point in the process you'll look at it and say "Its done"! Then you'll have a tractor that you are happy with in the long term.

·
Super Moderator
54,600 Posts
Chris, I got into that same thing with the GTV. Hard to say when to stop taking apart and start putting back together. But, I am very happy with what I did do. I stopped just short of a complete tear down.

Reactions: chris m

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chris, I got into that same thing with the GTV. Hard to say when to stop taking apart and start putting back together. But, I am very happy with what I did do. I stopped just short of a complete tear down.
And you are doing a great job on that GTV! And yes it is very hard to stop yourself lol.

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chris, it's always hard to stop when you start tearing into an old tractor. It always seems to get more involved and suck up more time and money. But after all it's a hobby and in the end you'll feel much better with the results if you do everyhing you want. At some point in the process you'll look at it and say "Its done"! Then you'll have a tractor that you are happy with in the long term.
I agree. And being this was partially taken apart and put back together before I bought it, This is more piece of mind. After finding things loose, I sure would have hatted breaking and possibly ruining this GT. And now I am so glad I did tear it down!!! I would never have found that break until it was to late!

·
Tractorholic
507 Posts
I believe that there were several different lengths available for the axle tubes on the Peerless 2300/2400 axles. I broke one hitting a bump in tall grass at speed with too much weight on the back.

Just a heads up.

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I believe that there were several different lengths available for the axle tubes on the Peerless 2300/2400 axles. I broke one hitting a bump in tall grass at speed with too much weight on the back.

Just a heads up.
I didn't even relize it was a peerless. It is a 2402 ( I think that was what i saw on the tag) but luckily it is the same length as my other GT. Thanks for the heads up1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.