Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I know alot of you folks here have knowlege of stationary engines or could point me some where for more information.

I have been trying to go through some of my Mom's stuff still even though she's been gone close to four years now. Just too hard to do a lot of it at once. She had nothing valuable but would hang on to old literature, newspapers and such, and there are quite a few boxes of stuff.

Anyway, I ran across this pamplet tonight and the first thing I thought of was that some of the folks here would have some commentary and info about this. Maybe pics of actual ones? It has 19 pages but I only posted pages with the coolest pics. Mainly I would like to put a date to this cool old brochure!

Thanks---DAC

Attachments

·
1,772 Posts
I appreciate the quick responses! Mom sure hung on to some interesting stuff! I will send these pics to that museum, Tractorgarden.

Later---DAC

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
You've just left the world of garden tractors and entered the world of hit and miss engines. Go to the Smokstak forums and post it there: there will probably be a Dempster collector who will kill for it! Just make sure you know what it could be worth. I don't know much about hit and miss engines, but I do know that if an engine manufacturer is rare, then the brochures will be even more rare, and command a price!

Coolspring is a good source too. Their collection is huge.

Ben W.

·
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You've just left the world of garden tractors and entered the world of hit and miss engines. Go to the Smokstak forums and post it there: there will probably be a Dempster collector who will kill for it! Just make sure you know what it could be worth. I don't know much about hit and miss engines, but I do know that if an engine manufacturer is rare, then the brochures will be even more rare, and command a price!

Coolspring is a good source too. Their collection is huge.
Thanks, I will check them out too when I get a chance. Hadn't considered selling it at all but I suppose if the price was right. I have not been able to sell anything of Mom's yet, but I imagine she would want me to if it would raise money for the rebuild of her GMC Jimmy.

Later---DAC

·
GT Lunatic
5,840 Posts
Have any of the engines to go with the brochures? The hit-n-miss engines were mainly utilized from 1910 thru 1930, although Maytag continued to use them for several more years. Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle brake Automotive exhaust Automotive design

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts