Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Desperate for a G14 plastic fuel tank which doesn't leak :) . Have searched flea bay but to no avail :-(

Please post a link if anyone has one.

Will need to clean out for airfreight to the UK.

All costs met!

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
How bad and where does you tank leak? A photo would be super. Most (95%) of the plastic tanks can be repaired. I just repaired a plastic heated dog water pan yesterday. Heating element went out and use it for water for the rooster now. Someone hit it to hard last winter and broke a hole in the top corner and cracked in down to the bottom and across the corner a ways. Repaired it, let it sit over night and filled it with water the next day and let it sit for 2 days. NO LEAK. So most plastic tanks CAN be repaired unless it is really busted up big time.

·
Super Moderator
54,002 Posts
I've fixed a couple myself. Get us some pics if you would. May be able to save you some $. Check the link in my signature for pic help!

Reactions: heliosuk

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Very, very much appreciated. Tank has split on an inner corner upright over a distance of about 1" . Appreciate the repair suggestions but it looks like someone has tried before plus the fact I am gradually restoring it so want it to look new and any repair will be visible hence request for new/replacement. As it has no fuel pump at present I have to rely on gravity feed to a greater extent so need it to be sound.

Spares in UK are either non existent or exorbitant in cost. Boy do I wish I lived in the US. I'd be in my element!!!!

Rgds

Heliosuk

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Are you a member on the My Old Machine forums there in the UK?

http://myoldmachine.com/forum/2-ride-ons/

They have a lot of Bolens enthusiasts, and it's possible that one of them may have what you need.

I'm a member there as well as here and they are just like us, a pretty good bunch of folks willing to help if they can.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Hello, I got a plastic fuel tank for my 1254 which I don't need as I bought a metal one instead. It's black with a red cap. however, there's a slight leak where the fuel line is but have been told it's repairable. PM me if you're interested. I live in Devon,UK. Cheers Andrew.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts