Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
WOW! That's a lot of money! I almost swallowed my tongue when I saw that. I could buy about 10 really nice "fixer-uppers" for that!

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
I can't see actually using such a museum piece, but comparing to the new crop of so called "tractors", it's really not such a high price at all. Man is it & the WH sharp!!!!!!!!!!

·
1,499 Posts
Both those tractors are very nice, almost to nice to use. However for their price you would pay about that these days to get a new tractor that is built as well and will do as much as those 2 will. If they end up as show pieces that would be great but I could see the new owner also just going ahead and using them as a high quality garden tractor. Nice find for the guy at any rate and neat to see that tractors in this nice of condition are still out there to be found.

·
Tractorholic
583 Posts
Here's what I don't understand..........................

I read both listings and the Seller made the following statement in both.

"This tractor is built right, heavy duty, American craftsmanship at its best."

Logic dictates that he's being less than truthful about one of those tractors since both cannot be the "best". One has to be not quite as good as the other.......... but which one????????? How does one go about choosing the "best" when the Seller tells you that both are the "best". Isn't this deceptive advertising? Shouldn't we report this to e-Bay's Trust and Safety department for swift action on their part???? What will happen if the guy who bought the Bolens finds out that he did not get the "best" tractor of the two? Is he entitled to a full refund??? Please people. I need answers to these burning questions because my head is beginning to hurt.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
hydriv,
I wish that I could help you in your quest these answers so your head would stop hurting.:D They are all good questions but I just don't know the answers.:confuse:

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Well hydriv, I can't answer your questions, but I can ask is "did the chicken come first, or the egg?" How far do the heavens go? It is mind boggling that space goes on forever & ever, but if it didn't, what would lay at the end?
To think of it, maybe the same guy worked at both plants & built the Bolens, then ran over to the Wheel Horse plant & built that one. If this one fella was "The" best craftsman, then the seller's statement could be the truth. :bigrofl::poke: :smilewink:

·
Tractorholic
583 Posts
mjodrey said:
hydriv,
I wish that I could help you in your quest these answers so your head would stop hurting.:D They are all good questions but I just don't know the answers.:confuse:
If a Bolen's man doesn't know:confuse:, then where, oh where does one turn?? :anyone: If no one can provide a definitive answer, then I guess I'll just have to conclude that I've been right about this issue all along.

Case is the best.:D:bigrofl:

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts