Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I got a pair of DieHard Boots to replace my blown out Irish Setters. Has anyone on here had a pair? I'm just curious about the quality. I can't find who makes them for Sears. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
55,501 Posts
I never had any luck with their DieHard batteries, so I sure wouldn't try the boots!

·
Registered
10,210 Posts
About 8 years ago I was working construction inspection. I walked several miles per day on sharp quartz rocks about 6" in diameter. I was wearing cheap Walmart work boots. They didn't last 6 months at a time. I received a gift certificate to Sears and the boots were 50% off so, I tried a pair. My feet felt much better and they lasted almost 2 years. Our local surplus store, Ocean State Job Lot got in surplus military boots for $19 a pair on sale. I bought several pairs and am still working on the first pair. Its been about 5 years and I'm retired now so they don't get much mileage. Good Luck, Rick

·
Aaron
6,736 Posts
I've never had any luck with them. I had a paid with that looked like you classic work boots. 6" top. Tan leather.

They killed my feet! But in another thread I made about shoes I am weird about shoes and boots. I never wore them long enough to wear them out. Maybe a month and I tossed them because they never got more comfortable.

I love my Irish setter boots. 10" slip ons. Plain toe. They are super comfortable.

We all have our own preference on foot wear and expectations.

·
Getting Out!
8,219 Posts
Most all shoes made in China now. Even the old namebrands. I used to love the K-mart Steer shoes. They were 6" iron toe and little wider in front so not to bunch up my toes like many safety shoes do. I've been wearing Wolverines last few pairs and they seem decent. Bought at Big R. Even Harley Davidson has names on Chinese boots. Name brands still can cost $150 or more, but are Chinese. They don't fix boots like in old days anymore, just throw them out, and buy another pair. Only Once in my lifetime have I ever had shoes resoled, and that was by an 80 yr old guy who ran a shop from his house. That was in 70's. Wonder if Amish still have boot-makers or repair shops?

·
Registered
773 Posts
I used to buy the 6" tan leather from sears,, loved them. Went thru a couple of pairs, ( leather was still good, souls wore out ) Haven't tried them in a couple of years now.. Hope you like them and keep us posted..

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
The DieHard Shoes are what I wear at work and play. I go thru about three pair a year.

They are steel Toe and ok on comfort, but the do wear out faster.
I have to have something that looks Shoe Like with my job. These are OK and if I dump something on them like gas or Paint, I'm not out $100
Also, with the 3 month roll over, they also look fairly nice for longer

I wish I could just wear regular shoes at work, but I need the tootsie protection.

To sum it up, theyre OK, but If you are expecting longevity, I wouldnt.

·
Make Stuff Up
2,710 Posts
I always had Georgia boots, they would last me about a year and a half but I was never to impressed with them, they had a waffle sole and weren't very comfortable. The boots I have now are Danner's and WOW are those nice boots. I have had them for about 4 months now, they are really comfortable, durable and just have a high quality boot feel. The down fall of Danner's is the price tag, I lucked out and got these 30% off with free shipping, they ended up costing me $210.00 and they are so worth it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.