Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,does anyone know what all of the differences there are( if any) between the 482 and 582 ,other than the engine, transmission/rear end ?

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Maybe I should have asked this question instead.What is the same ?Do the hood,side panels, and rear fenders interchange ?Is the frame the same ?

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess there can't be too many cub cadet guys here.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok .

G

·
Sorry, I should have been watching this group, I slacked off. The engine size was different, maybe the deck size, pretty sure the 782 was the KT17 kohler twin (boo, hiss). I'll look it up. The 82's where a nicer looking of tractors meant to harken back to the IH red and make the brand connection, these were trimmed out and styled better also, I believe they started with 182's up to 2182's

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't ask the questions properly ,really. What I am actually trying to do is take an old junker 82 series and make it into a 982 " look-alike " .I have always wanted one of those ,but there are none around here.All I want is the look. Now I know that I will have to stretch the frame,but is all of the sheet metal the same between all of the 82's (hood, side panels,and fenders) ?

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hooligan said:
I think the sheet metal, ie. the hood and panels are longer, like the differences in the MF series of Masseys 7/8, 10/12, 14/16
That would make sense ,but I have taken side on pics of each and have done a scale measurement of both and they seem to be about the same.I know that is far from an accurate way of doing it.I wish there was somewhere I could look that had these measurements.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.