Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just converted a 129 CC to hydraulic lift and in the process realized that I had enough parts left over to do something I have wanted to do for a long time. This is what I started with.
View attachment 27994

I started this afternoon and when I finished this evening this is where I'm at.
View attachment 27995

Any idea where this might be headed? No it's not going to be a limousine :smile1:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was quick Casey. Good guess.
I just had to take advantage of the things I had available and the fact that the shop was empty. Now I have to come up with the cylinders. I'll try and post photos as this progresses.

·
Old Tractor Addict
1,846 Posts
IamSherwood said:
:smile1:Yes, dumptractor.

I new it as soon as I saw the first picture, and read the picture description in the
bottom right corner.:smile1:

That's gonna be cool. Keep us posted.
Yep that was kind of a giveaway wasnt it?

I like your idea, keep us up to date with the progress. As far as the turning radius goes, I have gotten pretty good at "three-point-turns" with the grader. Usually dont grind the gears too bad

·
Premium Member
7,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have a house full of company so it's going to be Monday before any more updates. I wish I had the woodworking skills to make an old style C-cab for it. I have always liked the old old trucks.

·
Tractorholic
952 Posts
For a wooden cab, you could likely get away with lap joints and 1/2 inch plywood with today's adhesives. Woodworking skills are pretty much the same as metal-working skills...measure twice, cut once.

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
This is going to be fun to watch. Got a decent jig saw? That would work for cutting the side pieces.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Cvans said:
Have a house full of company so it's going to be Monday before any more updates. I wish I had the woodworking skills to make an old style C-cab for it. I have always liked the old old trucks.
Yes, go for the C-Cab! That would look so cool. As said, go with plywood & it would be easy to cut the curves. I have complete faith in your abilities Chris!

·
Old Tractor Addict
1,846 Posts
Can someone enlighten me on a "C cab"?? Tried a web search but still unsure. Thanks

·
Old Tractor Addict
1,846 Posts
IamSherwood said:
Thanks for clarifying that "C Cab".
Yes, that would be really cool.
:ditto:

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
well the originals were oak framed with sheetmetal over the frame often a canvas insert in the top over oak ribs Nothing a guy could not do with a bandsaw. this will be cool

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Yes,this will be neat.

·
Premium Member
7,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've got to take this one step at a time. Having a real hard time ignoring Daniels picture of the C-cab.
I'm using a 1450 hydro rear end with the pump to lift the bed. Will be using the original 149 valve and plumbing to control the lift. I had thought of using single action cylinders but I think I would run low on fluid. With double action cylinders I will be dumping oil back into the hydro as the bed lifts so hopefully I'll be good to go.
Today I'm going to by the center bearing for the drive shaft. I'm planning on mounting that carrier bearing on rubber mounts so it can accommodate flexing of the frame. Will also be doubling the rag couplers just in case. Have them made already so I might as well use them.
Your suggestions and opinions are appreciated!
Photos tonight.

·
Tractorholic
1,509 Posts
Since it is already going to be long why not add a mid mount blade so it can be used as a grader as well. It would grade good with it's length.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts