Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
To check something in the 2-4 ohm range you need to use the plain ohm setting, not the K ranges. Sounds to me like the charging system isn't working. You should show 13-14 v at the battery with the engine running. The charging system has to be able to keep up with the electrical load of the PTO and the shut off solenoid.

·
Fixer of Broken junk
5,051 Posts
Thought something was up with the reading I got on the one I pulled out of the shed.Battery terminal in my good analog meter had some corrosion on it.Could not get a reading off a known to be good PTO at any range except RX 10k.

Replaced the 9v and AA batteries and cleaned up the terminals and zeroed the needle now she's reading 3.1ohm on my PTO coil.

I have one of those cheap harbor frieght digital meters to but my big old Micronta analog meter is usually the one I use the most.Mainly because the batteries last for years in it and the harbor freight one went dead after 8 months.lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.