1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Homelite Owner Extraordinaire
3,174 Posts
Not a Lawn or Garden tractor but a commercial mower. I'm sure the driver of the mower was not wanting this to happen. My guess is that he probably lost control on the slope and being that the grass was wet the mower started to slide down the incline to the road. However it does look like it was pretty dry there. Hope he is ok as well as those in the SUV. JM2CW. Roger.

·
Anything Red . . .
12,066 Posts
I worked for the Illinois Tollway. Folks think we're just lazy public employees. But, so much of what we do is potentially dangerous. Mowing the A frames around those overpasses is one of them.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Looks like the mower was hit from the rear, as the front deck has no damage at all. Man, it had to whip this guys neck backwards something awful!

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
That looks like one of those big multi deck machines. They are maybe 15ft wide when the side decks are down. I wonder what happened. The slopes don't look wide enough right there to use that big of a machine. Maybe he was transporting between sections and got nailed from behind. He's lucky to survive a crash like that.

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has not been any rain in over two weeks and when I TILLED saturday there was no moisture 8 inches down so the hill would have afforded the tires very little bite.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Said the mower operator DID NOT have life threatening injuries.....That is hard to beleive!

Reactions: larryd

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
That is incredible. The big mowing rigs like that have a lot of weight and a lot of momentum once they go.

Ben W.

·
Procrastinators unite tomorrow
1,417 Posts
Said the mower operator DID NOT have life threatening injuries.....That is hard to beleive!
After seeing SUV and mower it is hard to believe, ( must of been older mower) :thumbs:

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
it is posted at 45 mph and they drive up to 60 mph in that area
Your right Lyall. From 86th to 100th streets there is no reason to slow down, IF THERE IS NOT A MOWER ON THE STREET.
The division of the suburbs is hard to figure. If that was in Clive i am sure Dennis Henderson(city manager) would have a speed camera up through there. So that must be Urbandale.
When our office was at 7900 Hickman it was in WindsorHeights, across the street was Urbandale, and west of the bridge on the edge of the parking lot was Clive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts