Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was blowing snow today with the 1250 and I felt a vibration under the seat. Then the driveshaft starting to hit the steering column. I found the rear yoke loose! I pulled the trans and the driveshaft only to find the keyway messed up. I did have the engine out to replace motor mounts a little bit ago but I don't see how that affected the shaft. Anyone have this happen?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about all of that today and I'm thinking about milling the engine mount plates to allow the engine to move closer to the transmission, making the driveshaft " adjustable"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a thought- I have an '85 1668 I was going to break up for parts. According to tractor data it also uses an eaton 11 hydro. The case is different from the 1250. Would anyone know for sure if the input shafts are the same?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just a thought- I have an '85 1668 I was going to break up for parts. According to tractor data it also uses an eaton 11 hydro. The case is different from the 1250. Would anyone know for sure if the input shafts are the same?
The 1250 has the Eaton 12, the 1668 has the Eaton 11. No parts will interchange between them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts