Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tractorholic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My one 1220 is giving me problems going into gear. When I push the pedal to put it into gear but pressing the pedal does not seem to do anything. It will go into gear if I kinda force it . All the linkages are there and in tact. the clutch disk seems to be pretty thick. (I compared it to the one I had rebuilt last year). Just seeing if anyone else had any Ideas. before I spend money I dont need to on a rebuild.

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Are you saying the drive shaft is still spinning while you are trying to put it into gear, or the tractor wont go into gear at all?
Sometimes when you press the petal in the gears wont line up to allow you to shift so , just let up on the clutch and press the petal down again and you should be able to shift then.

·
Tractorholic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea I actually took it all apart and cleaned everything up hoping it would help. first time I have been brave enough to pull the driveshaft apart. didnt seem to help. I am pretty much planning to send it to Jestin for a rebuild as he knows what he is doing and it would be easy for me to miss something. Just figured I would give you guys a shot sometimes a extra brain helps.

·
Tractorholic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ill have to look again it all looked like it was doing what it should. but its been about 2 months since I looked at it. I am planning to work on it again tomorrow. so i figure today was a good day to look for ideas

·
Village Idiot
1,274 Posts
Yeah, I agree with where I think you guys are going. Also, there may be a pilot bushing or bearing which is seizing.

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
I had the same problem last year on my 1050. It got so bad you had to pop it out of gear to stop. Took the clutch apart and cleaned the bearing inside the pulley,greased it up put it back together and worked like a charm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts