Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Said aways ago that when i could i'd unbury this Machine & show some pic's of it , it was given to me by the 2nd eldest Brother 18 months ago , Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Wood
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Font Bumper Gas
The year i'm thinking is 60's but haven't found a plate yet to no

stowed away in Dads shed with all the other junk that i have been cleaning up for more room Wheel Saw Concrete saw Chainsaw Yellow
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Tread

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Wood
It is a single speed forward reverse belt clutch

i have to clean it up a bit 1st then see if dad killed the engine that's on it , that is a replacement engine i put on it yrs ago 5 HP briggs ,

the original was a 5 HP briggs too but the old White colour engine 60's 70's type which i do have a few of from 5 HP to 8 HP , so later i might set 1 of those on it to keep it more authentic

the cutter deck just bolts direct to the chassis & no weight adjustment , the wheel set across centre to centre is 18 "& the from centre front to back wheel is 2-10' long

but forgot to check wheel size but 3 ' front & 6' back wheels i think , solid rubber tires , straight axle , the hood is fixed mount but i love the old steel seat original on it

i have to do some research on where & who made it , i'm thinking Greenfield or Rover as its got the same style g/box in it as early Rover but not sure

Shane

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
8,457 Posts
I wonder what the piece of steel on the hood was for ? That's some hitch that was welded on ! Are you going to restore it ?

Reactions: holdenboy1960

·
Super Moderator
55,501 Posts
Cool little feller!

Reactions: holdenboy1960

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thinking it could be made over there too ( name change for sale reasons ), now that i have saw that tree mower which is very similar to mine .

the steel bracket on the hood is the rear hitch for the machine , Dad removed it and made his own hitch for it

Since it is a standard unit cept the engine & hitch , i will eventually restore it best i can , but geese i like the Red on the 1

ACmowerguy posted ^^ there , looks neat

to sit on it i am surprised that i'm reasonably comfortable on it and i'm 6'1"

Shane

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

Thank you all for the info as it is by Mustang it's been stowed away for about 10 yrs that i know of & not used much for 20 yrs before that , has the same g/box as the Rover Colt 8 HP rear engine rider here in Australia and i got 4 g/boxes on hand , condition of them?? no clue

i remember it being used by the brother & me back then mowing his yard when i boarded with him, but no clue where he got it from

i will try to find out from him though , as i'm nosy

Shane

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.