Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
This guy has a Commando 8 for sale, I wouldn't give his asking price if it had never been run.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-VINTAGE-1968-WHEEL-HORSE-COMMANDO-8-RIDING-MOWER-GARDEN-TRACTOR-EXC-/161079738116?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item258119bf04

$T2eC16J,%21%29QE9s3HEE1OBR6t5Sk%28Cw~~6

THIS IS FOR PICKUP ONLY!! NO SHIPPING!!!

THIS IS AN ANTIQUE VINTAGE 1968 WHEEL HORSE COMMANDO 8 RIDING MOWER GARDEN TRACTOR IN EXCELLENT VERY HARD TO FIND CONDITION. THIS ONE COULD POSSIBLY BE ONE OF THE BEST COMMANDO EIGHTS I HAVE EVER SEEN. IT WAS USED VERY LITTLE AND WAS ALWAYS GARAGE KEPT. LOOKS TO BE ALL ORIGINAL RIGHT DOWN TO THE TIRES AND SHE RUNS AND OPERATES ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESSLY. IT COULD USE A LITTLE MORE CLEANING AND WILL LOOK EVEN BETTER!! BE SURE TO ENLARGE THE PICTURES FOR A GOOD LOOK. THIS ITEM IS FOR PICKUP ONLY AND IS LOCATED IN NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY 10 MINUTES FROM EASTON, PENNSYLVANIA. I WILL ALSO CONSIDER DELIVERING THIS LOCALLY FOR A FEE BUT PLEASE ASK FIRST. NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS PLEASE ADD 7% SALES TAX. PLEASE LOOK AT MY OTHER ANTIQUE AND TOY TRAIN AUCTIONS. YOU WILL SAVE ON SHIPPING IF YOU WIN MORE THAN ONE ITEM ON AUCTIONS ENDING IN ONE WEEKS TIME.
BIN at $4299.99 :(

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
What deal are you guys going to bye it? :D

·
Bush Hog Addict
3,432 Posts
Maybe the strategy is to put the price so high....that the bidder offers a higher counter offer than it is actually worth hoping to get the deal........I like red tractors but not that much. :D

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
He can claim all he wants, but you can't make me believe that is original paint. No matter what, the price is waaaaaaaay off! Move the decimal over one notch to the left & you're much closer.

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
Before I only saw the picture posted here, I just looked at the others. It was deffinetly repainted, the brass fuel line has red paint on it, so does the nut.

·
486 Posts
I believe that is the original paint on this tractor. If you look at the pic of the rear of the fender pan and seat, you can see where the reflectors were that the paint is a match, but just a bit brighter as would be expected being shielded from the sun and weather. Also, look just under the rear of the seat bottom. You can see the rust has lifted the paint in this area. A repaint would have taken care of that. It's a dandy Commando 8, but will never be worth the ridiculous price he's asking. Just my two cents.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Maybe he took the original price, factored in inflation, and used that as the selling price. We've seen people asking nearly that much for JD110s so i guess the WH folks think the red paint is worth as much or more.

·
Collecter
1,425 Posts
Before I only saw the picture posted here, I just looked at the others. It was deffinetly repainted, the brass fuel line has red paint on it, so does the nut.
I did not see the picture of the nut, trying to sell it.So i can not say for sure if he had paint on him.

G

·
I believe that is the original paint on this tractor. If you look at the pic of the rear of the fender pan and seat, you can see where the reflectors were that the paint is a match, but just a bit brighter as would be expected being shielded from the sun and weather. Also, look just under the rear of the seat bottom. You can see the rust has lifted the paint in this area. A repaint would have taken care of that. It's a dandy Commando 8, but will never be worth the ridiculous price he's asking. Just my two cents.
REPAINT. Look at the flywheel shroud and the starter/generator cover.

·
486 Posts
REPAINT. Look at the flywheel shroud and the starter/generator cover.
In the engine picture looking at the S.G. cover and shroud, it looks cleaner but not repainted. In the same pic, look at the inside of the hood,air cleaner, top engine cover, etc. Original paint in my mind. You know we could do this all day. :deadhorse: :bigrofl: Also, Wheel Horse didn't prime before they painted, that's why I mentioned under the seat rust.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts