Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am wondering about the function and power of the tranny. From a Bolens-knower I got the impression that the tranny shoulg get stronger and stronger as I put the pedal more and more towards the front and hence creates more flow which also iincreases the speed....If I read the manual right the torque of the hydro sshoud increase men getting closer to neutral position ? With my hydro it seems as if I have to push the pedal forward quite a bit for it to dpin the wheels on hard soil which supports the first theory.. How do your eatons react to these situations and what is the correct answer to the torqu/power question ?

Regards

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
I have read that also, the slower speed being more pull power and vice-versa in the Wheelhorse manuals. Seems kinda backwards doesn't it? I can't answer your question, just backing up your statement, I guess?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah.. dont know if there is something wrong with mine but it seems to increase more torque the further I push the pedal.. I wish it was better torque when pushing just a little to get better control :(

·
Registered
786 Posts
Is it a belt drive hydro? The belt may be slipping, could notice torque loss more at lower speeds with lower overall input into the hydro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts