Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever use a stop leak product in an eaton 12 hydro ?...seems lucas makes a hydraulic conditioner /stop leak but I was wondering if it would work with the type F tranny fluid that is in the Eaton or maybe lucas transmission fix would do the job.. I have a seal or two leaking and I just don't have the know how or money right now to repair it the right way..this tractor isn't used much at all maybe a few hours a year is about it any ideas ? thoughts ? has anyone here used any type of stop leak ? thanks for any info

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
I would not use it if I was you.

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
I have a few minor leakers, some are manuals. An absorbent or pan under them to clean once in awhile works, specially if not even used much. This let's you know it has lube in it then, heh! Maybe time to let it go and move on to something else you use more often? I hate when things take up big space, yet have little use, time to move them out when that happens. ( You guy's can stop laughing now, don't look in my garage!)

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
anyone ever use a stop leak product in an eaton 12 hydro ?...seems lucas makes a hydraulic conditioner /stop leak but I was wondering if it would work with the type F tranny fluid that is in the Eaton or maybe lucas transmission fix would do the job.. I have a seal or two leaking and I just don't have the know how or money right now to repair it the right way..this tractor isn't used much at all maybe a few hours a year is about it any ideas ? thoughts ? has anyone here used any type of stop leak ? thanks for any info
So were is it leaking from? Some leaks on these are very simple to fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts