Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have my G14. Never paid much attention to the battery or try in it, might have to go out and look again. Thinking just flat metal by dash? Anyway, on epay is a couple of battery holders. They have the rods to tighten down, but are real wide Metal? or Plastic? not sure to kinda wrap battery. Do the ends just kinda catch the top edge of battery then? don't see anything going across for the top. These work? I did not find in parts book till the last page of electric circuits and looks like it was for the later model tractor?? Would have to dig up my number again, but think is the later one. This anything worth having or is there better way to hold it. Will be long time before I need, but just like to be ready to fix up "something" to use there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I went to John Deere, asked about the battery hold down for My 110, they have them, comes with the J-bolts and the cover that the J-bolts hooks into. FREE for the asking.

I couldn`t believe it until it finally arrived and yes, it was free.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Here's the quick answer that does you absolutely no good, but I delivered it really fast.
How the heck should I know?
You're welcome!
LMAO!!!!!!

·
Got Sum
1,221 Posts
These are the correct ones, kinda of PITA , BUT they do the best job IF ,your battery is correct size dimensionally.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOLENS-BATTERY-TIE-DOWN-CLAMP-HOLD-HUSKY-G-14-H-16-FMC-TUBE-FRAME-TRACTOR-/252561917008?hash=item3acddd0450:g:FIkAAOSwNRdX7K1g

I'd check with our site sponsors also, Bolens 1000 " Bolens Parts and Supplies" ,Blackjackjakexxix "Rick's Bolens Tractor parts or bhts "Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors. May treat you better.

Sorry didn't read your post thoroughly, if these are what your referencing they are metal , they catch the bottom of the battery on the sides and as you tighten them down they wedge between the sides of the dash tower and the battery case holding it tight.

Attachments

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts