Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched everywhere to find a way to get the bell housing and clutch plate off a power king tractor, with no luck, so I created a video to show people how to get the clutch and fly wheel off your tractor, this video will show you how to remove the clutch plate and fly wheel,

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Thanks for sharing and taking the time to make a video, there are a number of methods and pullers for the flywheel removal here a few pictures of pullers etc
Table Sundial Wood Tableware Sink
Wood Art Cookie cutter Font Axe
Brown Wood Gas Cylinder Auto part

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing and taking the time to make a video, there are a number of methods and pullers for the flywheel removal here a few pictures of pullers etc
View attachment 406209 View attachment 406210 View attachment 406211
Thanks for sharing the images, I did try to pull it off using the front of the clutch plate, but it was really on there, I was afraid it would break, since the part is no longer available, that would render the tractor useless, The clutch plate is not that thick, and is cast iron, that was the safest way I could come up with to pull it off. The third picture using the bolts wouldn’t work because the bell housing is in your way, if you look at the picture the bell housing is not there, thanks for taking the time to respond.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Hi Jerry you done good there are many guys that have broken the flywheel using a large gear puller on the flywheel as you said its cast iron not that thick and it snaps off, there are flywheels available used on ebay and other sellers have them may even be available new from Mission Mfg the owners of the PK rights. Actually using the jack screws/bolts is the most popular way to remove the flywheel with the hogshead moved back as far as it will go and get in there and set the bolt and start turning long process, Good luck with your tractor they are good ones

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jerry you done good there are many guys that have broken the flywheel using a large gear puller on the flywheel as you said its cast iron not that thick and it snaps off, there are flywheels available used on ebay and other sellers have them may even be available new from Mission Mfg the owners of the PK rights. Actually using the jack screws/bolts is the most popular way to remove the flywheel with the hogshead moved back as far as it will go and get in there and set the bolt and start turning long process, Good luck with your tractor they are good ones
Good morning, thank you for the positive feedback, I really appreciate it, i’m trying to salvage as many original parts as I can, I was disappointed to find the motor had such big problems, but it’s on the way to California to get repaired, so I’ll have most of my money into the engine, the rest of the tractor I don’t think needs all that much work, transmission was locked up, but it was just a stuck detent ball, shifter shows a little wear on the end, I will post a picture of the engine block when it comes back to show what it looks like with a new sleeve in it, have a great day, thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts