Garden Tractor Forums banner

Educate Me.

4K views 40 replies 10 participants last post by  Justpics 
#1 ·
I see references to a sleeve Hitch. looked at a picture of one. now why do need one, how is it used. can one be fabricated ?

#2 ·
Sleeve hitches are the garden tractor equivalent to a 3-point hitch. It is used to attach implements such as plows, disks, cultivators, rear blades, and the such. You can fabricate them, they are basically glorified hinges. The sleeve hitches work really well in my opinion, although a lot of guys rather have 3-points. I just think a 3 point is too much for most garden tractors, not to mention too expensive to justify if you could hardly justify the tractor to start with lol.

#4 ·
These are for a factory Ford LGT 165. Maybe some ideas at least. I'm not familiar with Masseys.
Slope Font Rectangle Parallel Diagram

Attachments

#5 ·
My son Ryan made some drawings of what he wanted to make, what he made has a few small changes. When the dust settles around here, he will change and we will update. His and at least one other are in the manuals section as PDF downloads in the Manual. There are also some pics of his on here, I think it's in the What did you do TO your tractor about a month ago.

#11 ·
Justpics said:
I'm lost can't find the download.
I've inserted a link to take you directly to the download. Click here
If you click on the "manuals" tab at the top of the page (just under the GTTalk banner), Click on the "tractor and implement manuals" tab, then scroll down and click on the "Massey /Snapper" logo. Lastly, click on the "Implement manuals" tab. It was on the 2nd or 3rd page of listings. Hope that this helps. -Steve

#14 ·
Pictures of the MF10 and 12 rear lift.
Wood Tool Auto part Composite material Plastic

Rectangle Parallel Font Composite material Auto part

Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

Attachments

#18 ·
:yelclap:

Ding, ding, the light just came on. I was looking at the photos and the drawings of the sleeve hitch. trying to figure out what the small piece with the pipe on it went. I got it. going to gather the materials on Monday then fabricate it, may be a Little premature until it is running better , but since I like making things, it will be inspiration to get things rolling

also have been toying with making a fiberglass dash mold, to reproduce (with the suggested reinforcements. if there was a interest. (used to do fiberglass work as a auto body man years ago)

#20 ·
Sleeve hitches are quite handy in my opinion, and I would love to have a few more mounted on my tractors. The only bad thing about most of my tractors is most are rare and never came with sleeve so each one will be custom lol. Luckily most all work the same way lol. So good luck on your sleeve hitch.

#22 ·
MH81 said:
Sleeve hitches separate a lawn mower from a Garden Tractor and that difference makes then very fun and useful tools.

Being addicted to GTs separates you from you money :laughingteeth:
I could not agree more. I have been separated from thousands of dollars already lol. Take my advice, not get to more than about 4 GTs and you will have money to play with in restoration, implements, and other stuff, and then more time to enjoy them. Because with a large collection (like me, I have over 20 tractors of all sizes) you don't have time to get them all out in a weekend, they don't all run, and you are always tinkering on one of them, and it is always the one you liked the most at the time of failure. It's a great hobby, but a great way to get in deep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.