Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since everyone else was posting photos of their snow removal equipment I figured I'd jump in too :D

I got to use my EK10 about 5 times so far this year, works so much better with a fresh paint job on the inside of the blower!

Attachments

·
438 Posts
Hey Doc,
Nice looking EK10 you have there. I do have a question though, what is it like on slippery surfaces? I've never operated one of them but will it try to for a lack of better words jackknife when stopping or turning. It looks like fun.

Mike

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
I am always amazed by what that model can do.

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If these machines had more traction they would be unstoppable!

Poor traction on pavement in the winter is their only downfall when you have a heavy attachment mounted on the front.

I have had much better results with my new rubber chains installed though, less slipping.

Its nice having the extra 2HP while moving snow , all my tube frames are 8.25 HP or less and you can feel the difference while snow casting!

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Hey Doc,
Nice looking EK10 you have there. I do have a question though, what is it like on slippery surfaces? I've never operated one of them but will it try to for a lack of better words jackknife when stopping or turning. It looks like fun.

Mike
The way the steering is setup you have to do all the work or the machine wont turn. It wont coast back like a normal tractor.

You can let the tractor spin in circles all day and it will not move an inch!

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Nice pics Doc!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts