Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that I'm close the end of my working career, having been self employed for over 30 years, my wife and I decided to slow down a bit.

So for the last couple of years every WEDNESDAY we take a casual day. Close to us is a park with a great place to overlook the Mississippi river where the Wisconsin river joins it.

A little picnic lunch and great day to be outside, what a great view from the park.

Water Sky Cloud Ecoregion Natural landscape
Water Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape

Attachments

·
Homelite Owner Extraordinaire
3,174 Posts
Great thing for you and the wife to do together. Times like that are hard to come by. Thanks for sharing. Roger.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Thats fantastic to take the time to have a break.. So many wont..

Is that river supposed to be that high.. looks like a lot of flooded land..

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Good for you. " Take time to smell the roses" is too often said and not often enough done. Beautiful spot you found--- it made me feel good just looking at the pics, thanks.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats fantastic to take the time to have a break.. So many wont..

Is that river supposed to be that high.. looks like a lot of flooded land..
The river is at about a normal stage for this time of year. We had a wet spring with a lot of flooding and then it dried up with hardly any rain for over a month now.

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
Nice! I start Social Security next month but have been laid off for over two years. I am enjoying the time to do the things that we want to do. I hope that you do too. Be sure to take care of your health. Good Luck, Rick

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
I think you both have made a good choice by taking time off like that. That's something I need to learn. We only get so many years.

Ben W.

Reactions: oldedeeres
1 - 9 of 9 Posts