Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Its cold here right now -40 to -42 windchill tonight and tommorow its not much better -40 windchill. We've been having lots of wind lately and some snow so lots of drifting.Been getting quite a bit of tractor time good thng I have a heated cab on the GC While out blowing snow yesterday my control valve on my GC 2300 locked in float and I had to bring it inside to work on it and get it working.Thank goodness for the heated shop.Larry

·
Super Moderator
54,617 Posts
At that temp, I'd be snuggled up next to the fire. You'd have to drag me out of the house!

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ouch....now that is COLD! You are speaking in F ?
I believe that at -40 it's the same in either F & C yeah it's cold.Supposed to go to a funeral tomorrow but its 2 1/2 hrs one way from home so really seriously thinking of staying home.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
They are predicting a high of 6 above tomorrow and -10 below tomorrow nite in SW Wisconsin where I live...I was planning on staying inside most of the next couple of days.

After looking at your weather it doesn't seem so bad here.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
That's pretty cold in either one, C or F. I'd be leery of travelling too far in such cold. It does things to machines that don't normally see extremes like that. Good luck if you travel to the funeral.

Stay warm.

·
Tractorholic
952 Posts
Yeah, it's cold here. Hope I get long runs this week...the truck wouldn't stay warm last week. Might have to wire some more cardboard over the grill.

Friday the heater fan went. I had to drive around for two hours with no heater and the window open to keep the windshield clear.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Yes -40 is the same in C or F.

I hope that doesn't make it this far east.
Not ever paying much attention to Celcius, I never noticed how the -40 matches to F or C! I can't understand that either. They don't match on the + side of things, so it messes with my mind how they can match at the - side of things. :say_what:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts