Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor

I thought I would nominate my 1966 Bolens 650 which I bought last year. I was attracted to it since it's the same age as me coupled with the fact it was a no frills one year model. I bought it in Suffolk,UK and collected it from Somerset about a 90 minutes drive away from me. The guy fork lifted it into my van...

I decided I wanted to retain its originality as much as possible. The guy I bought it off said he bought it as part of a clearance job where it was at the back of the garage untouched for some 20 years. First off I cleaned out the fuel tank, replaced the lines, fuel tap & sediment bowl as well as replacing the oil & air filter and the transmission oil. All the grease points were greased up and the front tyres were replaced. There was no steering so I nicked one off my 850. New belts were installed and a new exhaust put on after carefully removing the rusted on remnants of the earlier one. A mate of mine sonic cleaned the carburetor and renewed the carburetor with a carb kit. I got a few odds and sods from the States such as the gear levers knobs & the glass lamps on the front. To preserve the patina I oiled it with Owatrol to enhance the paint. It fires up well with no smoke and I managed to finish it prior to the annual RPT show in Sussex in August 2019. It drives well and I used it in the working area at the show using a Brinly Plough and cultivator. My niece drove it at the show and gave it a good work out even though the clay soil was hard as rock due to the hot summer we had. I got a set of wheel weights off a fellow UK owner and they look great on the back of the 650. I also attached a sleeve hitch onto it as well. I plan to replace the front tyres with more appropriate style tyres at some point. I hope to store and use it at one of my customers' garden this year as I use my 600 at another property.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor

Wheel Tire Tractor Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Lawn mower Mower Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Agricultural machinery

Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire