Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
60' Wheel Horse,66' Wheel Horse, 67 ' Wheel Horse, 70' Wheel Horse, 71' Wheel Horse, 71' Wizard
381 Posts
Wheel Tire Plant Flower Vehicle

For my first time entering a tractor, I will have to go with my favorite, my 1970 Wheel Horse Commando V8 (V8 for vertical shaft 8 horsepower) this is without a doubt the one that got me into wheel horses and "tinkering" with lawn and garden equipment. I bought this old girl approximately in the very early 1990s when my dad's 1971 MTD wizard decide to go down, and he didn't seem to be interested in getting it going again, so all we had was an old Craftsman push mower to mow the property on the Old Farm I grew up on and after a while I decided it's time for another riding mower, so I went to a local farm equipment dealer that sold used lawn and garden tractors Sadly to say, the first tractor I looked at was a "Murray," thank goodness that tractor wouldn't start, so in frustration I look down the line of tractors and saw this "Red" one sticking out that caught my attention, yes it was this wheel horse and back then I didn't even know what a wheel horse was just I knew I liked the looks of this tractor and all she needed was a new battery and when I heard her run for the first time....... I was in love! I bought the old girl and mainly me and Mom mowed with her, Dad wouldn't touch her for what ever reason, so for some years she did the mowing on the farm until we moved out and went into town were we had around 3/4 or less of an acre of ground and the old girl continue to mow.

By now Mom nicknamed the tractor "Old Bessy" and me and Mom continue to mow mainly with the old girl, long story short, after both my parents passed away , I "HAD" to bring "Old Bessy" to my home, where she continues to mow today getting ever so close to being 50 years old ,I don't think I would enjoy mowing as much if I didn't have "Old Bessy" there knowing mom sat in the same seat, and I included a not-so-good old picture of my 19 year old daughter 18 years ago with me giving her her first ride on a lawn and garden tractor......... "Old Bessy"

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Tractor

Tire Wheel Plant Riding mower Tractor

Tire Wheel Plant Riding mower Tractor

Wheel Tire Plant Tractor Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Plant Tractor Vehicle

Wheel Tire Riding toy Automotive tire Tractor

Wheel Tire Plant Flower Vehicle

• Old Al said thank you

1 - 1 of 1 Posts