Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

I would like to nominate my Bush Hog JBI with it's S4242 three point rotary mower. I bought this many years ago as a package, mainly to get the mower, as it was the only one I knew of in existence until Scott Culbreth found a 2nd one a couple years ago. I already owned a JBI, but the seller said the old fella he got it from bought the tractor, mower, (and the S32 tiller I also got) as a package deal when brand new.
Within a few hours of getting it home from Florence, Ky, it was running and driving! Just needed the carb cleaned and points cleaned and set. The mower's shaft was pitted at the output, and leaking gear oil badly, so I machined the shaft down where the seal ran to fit a seal with a slightly smaller ID. I also had to build a PTO shaft, as the original was missing. I have mowed with it, but have not done anything to the tractor or mower other than mechanical. Leaving her as-is with patina intact. I find it amazing that there are only 2 known to exist, and feel so lucky to have it and the tractor sold with it.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

• Gtractor, Rock farmer, Austen and 4 others have said thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts